Talk

Advanced search

Stylish Waterproof Boots. Not walking boot style

(19 Posts)
Sweetsweetjane Thu 19-Nov-15 22:42:11

As title. Please help me to find fully waterproof boots in which I can walk to work (or cycle) without having to change out of them when I get there.

I work in a public facing office, smart casual and I usually walk or cycle.
I have both wellingtons and walking boots but neither are appropriate for work and neither are comfy for cycling. I like to look smart and can only wear flat due to poorly joints.

I prefer brown , will consider knee high, ankle or biker style.

My budget isn't huge.

Thank you.

CakeMountain Fri 20-Nov-15 09:03:10

Try Timberland.

Sweetsweetjane Fri 20-Nov-15 20:26:35

Wwthank you cake mountain. I have been looking at Tomberland. Are all theirEarthkeepers waterproof?

keeponkeepinon Sat 21-Nov-15 10:39:08

Try hush puppies emel overton. They are gorgeous brown oiled leather, waterproof and thermal with a flat sole which is really comfy. To be honest the photos don't do them justice.

CakeMountain Sat 21-Nov-15 10:40:40

The waterproof ones have a different logo on them saying that they are waterproof. To be honest, mine only ever stay waterproof for a year or two, but so do other brands I have tried.

SunnyL Sat 21-Nov-15 10:41:40

I've got Merrell boots which have lasted me many winters of walking and cycling to work

Helenluvsrob Sat 21-Nov-15 10:46:15

Clarks have some nice boots that are gortex this season. However, I can't promise that waterproof boots will be ok to carry on to face the public in if its been really wet. The leather itself will still get soggy even if feet stay dry. But I guess that only happens in weather that would either need full waterproofs or a change of trousers.

Price wise you are looking at £110 min I think.

If budget small aldi/lidl have various waterproof gortex like boots at times.

Sweetsweetjane Sat 21-Nov-15 21:58:30

Thanks guys for all these recommendations, I will check them all out. Lots of options.

Laquila Sat 21-Nov-15 22:00:08

Merrell Captiva Buckledown - I bloody love them

Sweetsweetjane Sat 21-Nov-15 23:40:27

I like the look of the merrells thanks 😊

Pigeonpost Sun 22-Nov-15 10:15:58

I've just discovered 'country boots'. I've ordered a pair of Dublin River ones but there are various brands if you look on equestrian websites.

specialsubject Sun 22-Nov-15 11:24:32

is there a reason you can't keep shoes at work? Just that waterproof boots worn all day in an office (which are usually overheated in the UK) will get sweaty and smelly very rapidly.

decent outdoor footwear is pricey so needs to be looked after and aired.

Wilding Sun 22-Nov-15 11:27:05

Try Sorel- a lot of their boots are a more outdoorsy, hiking style but they also do some plainer ones which would be fine in an office.

Wilding Sun 22-Nov-15 11:28:24

But yes I would probably just keep a pair at work to change into (and this is what I've always done personally after cycling to work).

GoneAndDone Sun 22-Nov-15 12:03:06

Ugg has lots of nice waterproof styles too.

My office is cold in the winter, boots are needed indoors!

Sweetsweetjane Sun 22-Nov-15 17:52:35

It's just the hassle of changing, I have joint problems and fibromyalgia and just can't be dealing with any extra effort upon arrival at work. I know it sounds wussy but bending to change shoes is really strenuous for me.

trixymalixy Sun 22-Nov-15 17:57:55

I have Sorel Earhearts that I wear to work. They're not waterproof all the way up, but the bit round your foot is and they are perfect for walking to work when it's pouring.

specialsubject Sun 22-Nov-15 18:42:26

fair enough. In which case it is absolutely essential that you wear good shoes/boots that support your feet and don't affect your gait.

might be worth buying two pairs once you've found the right ones, and alternating them.

Sweetsweetjane Tue 24-Nov-15 20:17:25

Thank you specialsubject 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now