Talk

Advanced search

Permanently dry, flaking lips

(7 Posts)
OrangeSunset Thu 19-Nov-15 21:23:33

It's driving me mad, since the cold weather my lips are constantly dry and flaking. I drink loads of water and apply balms a lot, but am still left with big flaky patches that look a state.

Anything magic I haven't tried?

mintbiscuit Thu 19-Nov-15 21:32:21

Nipple cream - lansinoh! Awesome for dry lips.

magpie17 Thu 19-Nov-15 21:42:00

I second the lansinoh! Amazing stuff, saved my lips after they were wrecked by the gas and air during labour.

Also, zinc tablets. My BIL is a doctor and suggested this to my husband who suffered for months with cracked lips last year, they were healed within a week.

OrangeSunset Thu 19-Nov-15 21:47:08

Aha, will try zinc tablets thanks. And I think I've seen a lip balm with lanolin so will try that -bit more handbag-friendly grin

Howaboutthisone Thu 19-Nov-15 21:53:41

Also the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour lip thingy- amazing stuff!

CointreauVersial Thu 19-Nov-15 22:30:34

Just checking....DD1 suffered for ages with dry, sore lips.....then found out she was allergic to lanolin! So the very lipbalm she was slathering on was actually causing the problem!

Worth noting, if Lansinoh doesn't help.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Thu 19-Nov-15 22:36:25

I had a similar problem, I think. Kept lathering lip balm on and my lips just got dryer and dryer. I tried the Blisteze medicated cream and that seemed to work. Went back to my nice lip balm and my lips got sore again. I don't think I can put anything on them now, they just flare up but the medicated cream sorts them out if they do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now