Talk

Advanced search

What necklace with this dress?

(10 Posts)
HixieRice Thu 19-Nov-15 20:31:03

Disclaimer: this isn't me, and I have much shorter hair. I'm hopeless at accessorising blush What can I wear with this (slightly boring) black dress for a party?
I like nature-inspired or geometric type jewellery, and silver. Hate bling, gold, feathers and lace.

daftbesom Thu 19-Nov-15 21:34:44

All I can think is that you don't want something that's going to "argue" with that lovely neckline. Personally I would go for an arm cuff instead. But since you asked about necklaces, if it were me I would look for either a pendant that fell below the neckline (dragonfly maybe?), or a choker/torque type thing that came above it. I think either could afford to be quite big.

Nettletheelf Thu 19-Nov-15 21:40:13

I wouldn't wear a necklace with it either. I have a few tops like this, and necklaces do indeed fight with the neckline.

I wear an arm cuff and earrings instead. Daftbesom is not my stylist, in case you were wondering.

HixieRice Thu 19-Nov-15 22:26:15

grin I hadn't thought of an arm cuff, thanks!

Greengardenpixie Thu 19-Nov-15 22:31:09

No necklace, arm cuff or earrings.

Vaia Fri 20-Nov-15 10:10:54

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

HixieRice Fri 20-Nov-15 21:55:46

I like those! Great website

daftbesom Sat 21-Nov-15 13:44:17

OP, do please come back and tell us what you decide on in the end. smile

HermioneWeasley Sat 21-Nov-15 13:50:49

Agree, I would wear statement earrings and no necklace with that neckline

HixieRice Sun 29-Nov-15 22:15:30

daftbesom I looked on Pinterest and apparently pom-poms were 'a thing' in the 90s (?) so I thought I'd make some pompom earrings, but haven't done it yet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now