Talk

Advanced search

Skincare/LRP Micellar Water Products

(8 Posts)
Pupsiecola Thu 19-Nov-15 14:49:01

Can anyone clear up my confusion please?!

I have (mostly well managed) Rosacea and extremely sensitive skin. I use:-

LRP Toleraine Cleanser (love)
LRP Redermic (couple of times a week at night, love)
Eucerin Hyaluron Filler (daily, love)
REN Evercalm Anti-Redness Solution (day and night, love)
LRP Make-Up Remover Micellar Water Gel (not keen, too gloopy)
Aveda Botanical Kinetics Exfoliant Toner (use once a week although I probably shouldn't. I think it's too harsh. But it was expensive!).

I don't wear make up every day. I think I want something that's not a full on cleanser for those days (an LRP Micellar water product, but there seem to be a few and I'm confused plus don't like the one I already have). There's also an exfoliating one I think, which is interesting and may be worth a try.

Can someone please advise?! Thank you.

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Thu 19-Nov-15 15:53:18

Micellar water is just slightly soapy water. Waste of money. Just use soap and water.

I have sensitive skin and like the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser.

Pupsiecola Thu 19-Nov-15 16:08:25

Thanks for the reply. Soap is too drying for my skin. I tried the hot cloth cleanser. It was okay, but the heat is a rosacea trigger so I stopped using it.

Indecisivejo Thu 19-Nov-15 16:16:01

Ok my skin is hyper sensitive and I actually quite like the simple micellar water for those days you describe. My skin hates all of the simple range but the micellar water is the exception.

Destinysdaughter Thu 19-Nov-15 19:22:53

I have sensitive skin prone to redness and I find the Boots No7 pink cleanser v gentle and L'Oreal Micellar water afterwards v good. No redness or stinging and both v gentle. I can't use hot cleansing methods either.

mumsnit Fri 20-Nov-15 09:05:13

Yy to the L'Oreal micellar water - removes make up and is very gentle. This is the best one I've tried including the LRP ones. My skin is sensitive and I don't get on with the hot cloth cleansers either!

BoboChic Fri 20-Nov-15 09:12:37

Bioderma micellar water is the original and best selling version.

I have just discovered Avene micellar water and find it incredibly gentle. I probably prefer it to Bioderma.

Pupsiecola Fri 20-Nov-15 17:23:29

Thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now