Talk

Advanced search

can I learn to walk in heels?

(9 Posts)
hoopityhoopla Thu 19-Nov-15 00:24:21

I just can't. If I manage a few mins walking like a natural, it's only a matter of time before I go over on my ankle or end up walking like a dinosaur.

Am I wrong in thinking you either can walk in heels or you can't? Is it possible to learn? And how?!

I'm not just talking about wobbly stilettos, I find it hard to walk naturally in wedges, block heels etc

hoopityhoopla Thu 19-Nov-15 00:25:20

I do own a stupid amount of beautiful heeled shoes but...they rarely get worn outside of the house

JimineyJelickers Thu 19-Nov-15 07:58:43

I broke my leg and didn't wear heels for 2 years, now I'm gradually getting back into them, these are my tips.

Start off with a low heeled boot, maybe 2 inches and blocky. Wear them until you're comfortable walking around all day in them.
Move on to a slightly higher heeled boot (3 inches?). After you've mastered that then you can move on to a 3 inch blocky heeled shoe with an ankle strap (the stage I'm currently at). I think the next step would be a thin heeled, strappy shoe. Also, you have to take much shorter steps than you're used to. Good luck!

Katymac Thu 19-Nov-15 08:11:57

I never have successfully - but DD does dance classes in them hmm

louloubelle2 Thu 19-Nov-15 08:57:59

I ended up you tubing a video on how to wear heels and was amazed the advice worked. Basically walk as you would in flats i.e. heel down first, even if that is a high stiletto. Walk with purpose.

This helped me as I was so afraid of breaking the heel, and feeling out of balance, that I was tottering forward on the balls of my feet. You need to keep your body weight back.

Search around Youtube, I'm sure a visual video would help better that my explanation!

Demanmodnar Thu 19-Nov-15 09:12:40

I agree with jiminey
I'd also say try wedges, ime hidden wedge trainers are easy, anything 'Spiky' is really hard. (As gorgeous as stilettos are smile)

burnishedsilver Thu 19-Nov-15 09:15:36

I agree - you tube is the place to go.

Queenbean Thu 19-Nov-15 09:18:17

YouTube

Hidden platform shoes

Also work on your core, I think it's the core muscles that mean you can balance better on a teeny spike

How to walk in heels
This video is helpful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now