Talk

Advanced search

Make up classes or online tutorials

(4 Posts)
KittyB52 Wed 18-Nov-15 21:43:53

I am crap at doing make up but I suspect I am at the age where a bit of slap makes all the difference. However, even if I spend time applying make up, I don't seem to look much different, so clearly I am doing something wrong.

Rather than rocking my usual 'half an hour putting make up on to look pale and pasty in photos' look for our works Christmas do this year, I thought I might treat myself to a make up class so I can try to figure out what I am meant to be doing. grin

Can anyone recommend someone/where that does make up classes in Cheshire (North or East) please?

Alternatively, recs for online tutorials that show really basic stuff would also be appreciated. I'm talking about things like how to make straight eyelashes hold a curl for more than a minute, how to apply concealer to under eye shadows without it going cakey, or how to apply colour to hooded eyes so that it actually shows up and enhances your eyes - you know, the easy stuff. wink

Thanks in advance.

seb1 Wed 18-Nov-15 21:49:44

Lisa Eldridge, I quite like her videos

Destinysdaughter Thu 19-Nov-15 00:07:09

Wayne Goss does a lot of online tutorials too. I've heard about someone called Louise P in Manchester. I was having my nails done a while ago and there were 2 women in there who had beautiful make up and told me they'd gone to see her. I'd go myself if I was a bit nearer!

KittyB52 Thu 19-Nov-15 07:50:33

Will have a look at Lisa Eldridge's site, I've seen a few of Wayne's videos before.

I had a look for Louise P on Facebook, but the page I found was full of technically very good make up but it was way too much for what I want.

Thanks both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now