Talk

Advanced search

Brilliant waterproof mascara but how to remove it?

(14 Posts)
Higge Wed 18-Nov-15 16:30:06

Just discovered Eyeko Black Magic mascara - feathery lashes and colour that really stays put - but it's a bitch to get off with cleanser alone.

So what do I need to do so I rub less and speed the removal process up.

TennesseeMountainPointOfView Wed 18-Nov-15 16:36:46

Get one of the specific eye makeup removers, the two liquids combined ones. I'm using the Elemis one at the moment, and it's ok, but the blue Lancome one is better.

The Garnier (purple) one was quite good at getting rid of the mascara but it made my eyes sting like hell. There's a Simple one too, but I haven't tried that one.

They are oil-based, I think, so they dissolve the mascara, so less rubbing required.

WowOoo Wed 18-Nov-15 16:44:10

I find the ones that do stay on are so hard to actually remove. I need some oil based remover then. I'll try almond oil or something that I have in the house next time.

I wore some Shu Uemura for a funeral recently and I'm sure some still remained for days and stained my towels after washing my face.

Save it for the weekends, so it's less hassle during the week?

iMatter Wed 18-Nov-15 17:12:49

Lanc├┤me Bi-facile

Works with everything.

Quite spendy but so worth it.

AlisonWunderland Wed 18-Nov-15 17:22:10

Mac cleanse off oil. Melts the mascara into panda eyes that rinse away with water or wet cotton pads. No residue.
Little travel bottle lasts ages.
The sensitive version isn't up to the job though.

iwantgin Wed 18-Nov-15 17:49:12

The Lancome o's good but more pricey.

Currently I'm using a Nivea one to remove Benefit They're Real. It's a bugger to shift, but the Nivea works a treat. It's the one that you need to shake up to mix before use.

MyFriendsCallMeOh Wed 18-Nov-15 17:51:42

Coconut oil, removes everything, gentle on skin and no petroleum byproducts....

ChesterFuckingDraws Wed 18-Nov-15 18:06:49

Nivea do an eye make up remover that is fab. It's and oil one that you gave to shake before using. Usually on offer in Superdrug.

carolinemoon Wed 18-Nov-15 18:26:31

I'm currently using the boots no 7 one that's blue and oily - I use it as its good for my sensitive skin, but it also takes the eyeco mascara off pretty easily.

I find baby oil gets rid of my waterproof mascara, gentle and cheap, just wash face afterwards.

Higge Fri 20-Nov-15 09:03:17

I treated myself to the Lancome Bi facile, hopefully it won't sting the hell out of my eyes. Thank you all!

AlisonWunderland Fri 20-Nov-15 10:50:13

StepAWay I tried baby oil but found that it left a residue

thats why I use a cleanser and facewash after, so oil off mascara, rub cleanser over face, wipe off with tissue to get foundation off, wash with a face wash, rinse then apply serum and moisturiser.

Heyheyheygoodbye Fri 20-Nov-15 15:36:40

Oily balm cleanser. Clinique take the day off, Emma Hardie amazing face moringa balm, plain old coconut or olive oil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now