Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a not too dressy dress

(8 Posts)
Notanangryone Wed 18-Nov-15 13:02:45

I'd love someone to help me as I am crap at shopping both in shops and online. I have looked up Boden (never bought from them before) as I want it to wash and wear well, but I'm not so sure on their styles.

I'm looking for a dress:
- to wear to school performances, Christmas day, work maybe.
- I'd like it to have a flattering shape and to have sleeves as it will be mostly for winter.
- length can be above or on the knee.
- I'm mid thirties and size 8, 5 foot 6.
- I have a lot of navy and black clothes as that's what I'm normally drawn too, but I think I should introduce some more colour.
- I'd like this mythical dress to be comfortable, not too trendy that it would date and I'd probably wear it with ankle boots or court shoes to be more dressed up.
- My shape is quite boyish. no hips or waist, small boobs.
- My budget is about 150 max but prefer less.
Can someone inspire me please?

Vaia Wed 18-Nov-15 14:31:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MyFavouriteClintonisGeorge Wed 18-Nov-15 14:36:24

Try Phase Eight. I've just got a nice dress from there. There is an online outlet which is good, as the reductions are substantial.

There are 105 size eight dresses with sleeves available via the sale section, ranging in price from £140 to £29.50.

Notanangryone Wed 18-Nov-15 15:20:32

Thanks! I bought this one after looking at the phase eight ones, i thought they were mostly quite fitted looking and more evening time. Like the ASOS site too. Their prices vary hugely.
www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Dresses/Smart-Day-Dresses/WH716-DGR/Womens-Seaweed-Ottoman-Shift.html

MyFavouriteClintonisGeorge Wed 18-Nov-15 15:25:03

Ooh, nice! Which colour did you choose?

Notanangryone Wed 18-Nov-15 15:50:24

The seaweed one, never had a green dress before.

burnishedsilver Wed 18-Nov-15 15:54:34

Ignoring the fact that its from Wallis - this is the most comfortable, flattering, easy to wear dress I've ever had]]. I'm the same shape as you. Its very similar to the one you've bought, just a bit less fitted.

Notanangryone Wed 18-Nov-15 16:34:38

Hmm I like it. I like it has pockets too to give an effect of hips. Not available in my size, or I nearly would get it too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now