Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Brush Versus Sponge

(6 Posts)
CountryRoadTakeMeHome Tue 17-Nov-15 23:15:50

So, I have just purchased Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua compact foundation after trawling this forum for recommendations. It went on beautifully in store. The counter assistant used a brush but said sponge is good also.

Asking you lot (sorry can't apparently use ladies/girls as it's creepy hmm) for best method of application and which technique. I so wanna look Amazing grin.

Nabootique Wed 18-Nov-15 09:11:49

I use the Real Techniques Expert Face brush for my foundation. I use light, circular motions, so sort of a "stippling" movement, but not a stippling brush. Wayne Goss has a good YouTube video on 10 different ways to apply foundation that's very interesting (at least it was to me, make up saddo).

CountryRoadTakeMeHome Wed 18-Nov-15 20:38:09

Thanks. I tend to have trouble blending around my nose due to dryness and redness. Any tips anyone smile

mrslebon Wed 18-Nov-15 21:37:34

I agree with Nabootique as I use the Real Techniques expert face brush too. It creates a very blended and even finish.

Judydreamsofhorses Wed 18-Nov-15 21:38:46

Another fan of the RT Expert Face brush. I probably use more of a buffing motion.

orlakielyimnot Wed 18-Nov-15 21:45:25

Country road (great name! ), I suffer with a dry red nose. After face cream but before make up i dab ea 8 hr cream, the thick vaseline like stuff on trouble spots and then apply make up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now