Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help finding a good waterproof winter jacket for 7 year old DS

(6 Posts)
Deltabeta Mon 16-Nov-15 22:25:07

Hope someone can help me please. I'm looking for a decent winter jacket for my son who is 7. Must be waterproof and cosy (he really hates the cold!).

We live in the highlands of Scotland and winter seems to have kicked in over the last week or so.

Willing to pay around £75 for one if anyone has any suggestions please?

yazzy85 Mon 16-Nov-15 23:19:12

I've bought this Trespass one for my 4 year old and its very warm and waterproof. Great price on Amazon too. They have other designs as well.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00GM4PG8E/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1447715815&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=trespass+tuff&th=0

RosieLig Mon 16-Nov-15 23:52:02

I'd go for one of the higher spec Trespass jackets. They give a waterproof rating on the site. I'm in Scotland too and they've been great.

Something like this one....
www.trespass.com/vinnie-boys-waterproof-jacket

RaisingSteam Tue 17-Nov-15 00:14:50

We have bought that Trespass ones that are basically ski jackets, they're excellent. For some reason most other brands of padded jackets aren't waterproof - duh! This is the UK where it can be both freezing and soaking on the same day. Don't forget hat and gloves.

Deltabeta Tue 17-Nov-15 13:05:01

Thanks for all your suggestions smile. I will go and have a look.

carrie74 Tue 17-Nov-15 13:14:33

Lands End are good, and you can often pick up a super bargain in their clearance section. They also regularly have sales on so if you sign up to emails, you'll be informed (I think they were doing a winter coats deal this week?).

DS (8) wears the Boden puffy anoraks, which have served him really well (but there can be a few of them in the playground!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now