Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me a coat or Mac pls!

(5 Posts)
SugarAndSausageRolls Mon 16-Nov-15 15:33:44

I want a fairly stylish but practical coat. For the less stylish task of pushing a buggy miles!

It must
-have a hood that stays up
- be at least reasonably waterproof
- cover bum, at least upper thighs
- be warm but not mega heavy, breathable

So far I've seen the sea salt janelle, but it's a lot and not sure if worth it, and raina ink{http://www.coes.co.uk/Products/H05004BLK/joules-raina-waterproof-parka-for-women-in-black-floral?gclid=CKP34MyhlckCFaQIwwodFr8MQwwww.coes.co.uk/Products/H05004BLK/joules-raina-waterproof-parka-for-women-in-black-floral?gclid=CKP34MyhlckCFaQIwwodFr8MQw } a, thought I'm a little dubious of the prints being a bit mummy/ naff...

I'm 32, size 10, 5'9, dark haired bit Apple shaped.

Thanks!

SugarAndSausageRolls Mon 16-Nov-15 15:37:05

[[ www.countryhouseoutdoor.co.uk/ladies-c32/jackets-gilets-c33/raina-ladies-waterproof-parka-t-p7034/s77702?utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=joules-raina-ladies-waterproof-parka-t-size-14-size-14-5054411171106&utm_campaign=froogle&CAWELAID=820567570000306079&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=820567570000174675&cadevice=t&gclid=CPr1_NOilckCFSIewwodoxgHMg raina]]

ExasperatedAlmostAlways Mon 16-Nov-15 15:52:57

I'm needing something waterproof for when I walk our dog, I'm similar to you, 30, 5'9, think im going to go for a knee length regatta or berghaus jacket.

Il just be getting one all the same colour, never really been into prints personally but wouldn't look twice at someone that was wearing the second one. Couldnt see first link.

Think im leaning towards a regatta roanstar, regatta outdoor or berghaus brantome hydradown fusion jacket. Then il know they will last year's.

Oly5 Mon 16-Nov-15 21:04:19

My north face arctic parka and waterproof shell are both fab and have been tested to destruction through endless pushchair walking in the rain. The arctic parka is toasty warm when it's cold, when it's a bit milder I just wear a t shirt underneath. My shell is fully waterproof for spring days. I love north face, I think the quality is superb

DavenotChas Mon 16-Nov-15 21:21:12

I bought this wind proof parka from asda out of sheer desperation after growing out of my craghoppers nariko blush and it is truly wind and waterproof with a large adjustable hood.

I'd previously ordered and sent back a Helly Hansen that was 3 times as much as it hung strangely on my squashy size 16 frame and the arms were super long and mine are not! (Would have looked lovely on somebody taller and slimmer though)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now