Talk

Advanced search

Wedding shoe help

(16 Posts)
NoLongerALurker Mon 16-Nov-15 15:02:41

I need your help please.

I'm getting married in February and I am looking for some block heeled shoes. I can't walk on spindly thin heels so need some stability.
I would love some blue sparkly shoes but just can't find any at all. I can't even find any nice ivory ones.
My dress is ivory, my bridesmaids will be in navy blue.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

FadedRed Mon 16-Nov-15 15:14:19

Have you looked at Ruby Shoo, Irregular Choice and Poetic Licence? They have some 'different' shoes.

NoLongerALurker Mon 16-Nov-15 15:41:03

I have looked at Ruby Shoo and Irregular Choice. I'll have a look at Poetic Licence, thanks

readyforno2 Mon 16-Nov-15 16:01:36

I wore these for my wedding, they look more blue than on the website. ink{http://www.garmentquarter.com/index.php/vivienne-westwood-melissa-skyscraper-3-glitter-midnight-9423.html?gloc=UK&gclid=CIrKh4yolckCFRcTGwodFLsD_A\www.garmentquarter.com/index.php/vivienne-westwood-melissa-skyscraper-3-glitter-midnight-9423.html?gloc=UK&gclid=CIrKh4yolckCFRcTGwodFLsD_]]A} I'll try to find a photo..

readyforno2 Mon 16-Nov-15 16:03:11

This is them!

Dowser Mon 16-Nov-15 16:09:22

Scuse my ignorance ...aren't block heels a shorter, chunky heel.

ImNotChangingMyUsernameAgain Mon 16-Nov-15 16:10:33

Have a look at Shoes of Prey. You can design your own.

80sWaistcoat Mon 16-Nov-15 16:14:03

I can't walk in heels - but I bought some anyway for my wedding (not as tall as the pics above) and there was something about the whole day where I just floated on them and it was fab, right up until walking the last 100 yards home when I ended up in bare feet.

Tried them on again to wear for a night out and they were the most uncomfortable things ever and I just couldn't.

I think what I'm saying is - have a go with some heels!

blueobsessive Mon 16-Nov-15 16:27:21

I wore trainers due to foot trouble. They were barely visible under a long dress (people only knew because the vicar mentioned it in his sermon...). It meant I wasn't troubled by pain on 'the day'. They are hard to dance in so I changed to proper ballet shoes with lambswool toe protectors (not enough support for the whole day - but heaven for 5-10 mins). Should warn you, my mother was totally scandalised when she found out about the trainers inthe bridesmaid's car on the way to the church:

mother to bridesmaid: what is B wearing on her feet?

Bridesmaid: shoes.

Mother: did B forget to take off her indoor shoes?

Bridesmaid: er, no...

Mother: hard stare

but she was ultimately fine with it. DH thought it was fabulous.

I highly recommend being comfortable and feeling like yourself on the day.

Have you tried hotter? Most are hideous but some are fun.

NoLongerALurker Mon 16-Nov-15 16:35:31

They are gorgeous reasyforno2 I'm not sure I'd be able to walk in them though

readyforno2 Mon 16-Nov-15 16:42:53

I realise they maybe don't fit the criteria but they were really comfy! I had a personalised pair of converse for dancing later on

KateSpadeAddict Mon 16-Nov-15 18:03:18

charlottemillsbridal.co.uk/product/becky-silver/

I know they aren’t blue but a beautiful heel on them smile

Vaia Tue 17-Nov-15 13:30:37

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

momb Tue 17-Nov-15 13:37:54

Have a look at the Katz Dancewear site. They make shoes in a variety of styles for dancing and weddings: they are usually dyeable too.

PragmaticWench Tue 17-Nov-15 13:42:44

Notonthehighstreet and Etsy can be good for more unusual shoes.

BrienneofQarth Tue 17-Nov-15 13:46:48

I had mine made as I really struggled getting high street or bridal shop shoes to fit my wide feet. Website I used was bespokebigday.com, they were very reasonably priced and I was really happy with them! Comfy enough to wear all day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now