Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Base, concealer, my life?

(13 Posts)
BoyFromTheBigBadCity Mon 16-Nov-15 14:39:53

I have very fair, rosy, oily acne prone skin. I need a base for day to day but also concealer - spots and under eye. Il pay up for the right things, get different products for different uses, but most of my base has usually gone instantly, I haven't worked out how to actually conceal the eye bags and my skin is currently terrible. Any suggestions? (I do powder everything into place). Do I need to add primer every day?

mrslebon Mon 16-Nov-15 22:46:52

I haven't got the same skin type as you but with regard to concealer, I've just started using the NARS creamy concealer and it's excellent. Trust me, I've used every concealer going but I need something with good coverage and staying power, and the NARS one delivers. I have Vanilla but they have one that's fairer than that.

Orangesarenot Mon 16-Nov-15 22:52:30

I've got very similar skin. I've heard Vichy Dermablend is good, but I haven't tried it yet (trying to use up old stuff).

I can say don't bother with Garnier BB Cream Oil Free, No 7 concealer, Rimmel Photofinish concealer, Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser, Smashbox oil free CC cream... I'm about to try La Roche Posay CC cream Roseliac.

Dr Sam Bunting says to avoid long wear foundation for skin like ours.

I'm about to start with an azelaic acid gel from GP to see if that can help with the underlying condition, so I can go base-free apart from concealer on a few bits.

Vaia Tue 17-Nov-15 13:14:44

I have acne prone skin and I was looking for an oil free foundation that wouldn't clog my pores for a while. I've been using YSl for a month now and I am more than happy. Coverage is medium and it doesn't clog my pores. More about this foundation you can read here: fashionaddicted.co.uk/ysl-fusion-ink-foundation/

annielostit Tue 17-Nov-15 14:35:35

Does this stay on for long - I'd try some then.

Vaia Tue 17-Nov-15 14:46:09

Annielostit, yes, it's long-lasting. It won't help with acne, but it will help to cover it and won't clog pores. And believe me I tried lot's of foundations and pretty much all of them clogged my pores.
To help with acne, I recommend to drink a lot of water during day time, don't eat any sugar, as less carbs as possible + zinc vitamins.

BoyFromTheBigBadCity Tue 17-Nov-15 15:39:50

Thanks all. I know dermablend have brought out some new colours so il have a look - it was too dark before. Time to head to a beauty hall I think!

divere Tue 17-Nov-15 16:54:21

Chantecaille Just Skin. I have oily skin and it's the only thing that doesn't get greasier and greasier as the day goes on. I don't put anything on underneath it, so just wash face and then apply with fingers. I don't use a concealer because I can't find any that do any good, so I just dab extra Just Skin on problem areas and then put a thin layer all over.

BoyFromTheBigBadCity Tue 17-Nov-15 18:17:39

Stupid q, where can I test chantecaille? I'm near a space nk at work - would they stock it?

Katnipp Tue 17-Nov-15 20:05:23

Another vote for just skin here. It's great. Space nk should stock it.

Chillyegg Tue 17-Nov-15 20:11:33

Well I have terrible bags and oily/dry skin.

So I prep my face by washing/moisturuseing.
Use a no 7 primer on my face
Then use clinique foundation um can't remember which one but it's has software 15 and stays all day. I put my foundation all over my face and finger dab it over and around all of my eye including the eyelid.
Then i finger dab or sponge my mac lonwear concealer blending it all in. Then i use a translucent powder to hold all that in place and over the top a mat powder foundation over my oily bits so the makeup doesn't wear of.

Chillyegg Tue 17-Nov-15 20:12:36

Also if your skins rosie try products with green pigment it counteracts the red you see

divere Tue 17-Nov-15 22:20:01

Yes I get mine from Space NK

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now