Talk

Advanced search

Masectomy Bras - Bra Gurus

(3 Posts)

Can anyone help? I'm used to helping friends with bras and finding the right ones for me. But know little about this topic.

I'm trying to find some lovely options for someone that has recently had a mastectomy. She seems to currently be looking at wireless ones that look quite sportsbraish to me.

NewBallsPlease00 Wed 18-Nov-15 08:19:59

It depends on what stage she is at- immediately post surgery or so more a bra for someone who had a mastectomy a while ago?
One breast or both affected?
The sports bras are usually worn after surgery for support
Mastectomy bras are available in JL m&s and bravissimo to name a few- or online to try at home
How comfortable would your friend be to be fitted? There are support charities who advise in fitting usually at home, usually women who have been there so very sensitive
Best bet is to contact them or to head to big city store having made appointment before
Also most of big brands to s mastectomy bra but it's a special item rather than stocked continuously

Llouh Wed 18-Nov-15 08:27:36

I did a mastectomy bra fitting course a few years ago at a company called Anita. They have quite a range of mastectomy bras, some are the more sports bra types but others are lacy and more stylish.

The biggest range will be online but if you have any good independent shops nearby they might be able to get stock in to try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now