Talk

Advanced search

Teenage Didrikson coat for short adult?

(6 Posts)
Swallowedbyasnake Sun 15-Nov-15 11:03:22

The horrendous weather makes me want to buy a new cozy winter coat. I currently have a Merrell Haven but am getting bored of brown. I quite fancy a Didrikson parka but have heard that they have really long arms (I am 5 foot zero) and was wondering whether the Didrikson Kathleen or Alana for teenage girls would be a good option, especially as they are quite a lot cheaper, anyone got one?

lavendersun Sun 15-Nov-15 11:08:23

DD is 9 (4ft 11") and has the Alana in a 13/14 (160cm). I bought it in September but she is still wearing her old one right now.

There is plenty of room in it so I would say it will fit you easily - if the 160 doesn't the 170 definitely will.

I am tall and my adult Didriksons coat fits me perfectly so could be too long for you. I did size up though to be able to add a thick sweater so maybe smaller sizes will be shorter.

lavendersun Sun 15-Nov-15 11:12:25

I could measure it for you if you want - chest, length and sleeve length perhaps?

Swallowedbyasnake Sun 15-Nov-15 11:15:21

That would be great, that is the size I was thinking of getting (am size 8-10 dress size)

lavendersun Sun 15-Nov-15 11:39:01

Ok, definitely a 160cm Alana.

Measurements are:

Chest under armpit (where sleeves join) 18 1/2" across front.
Under sleeve seam to hem 20".
Bottom of coat width 20 1/2" across front.
Centre back from where hood joins to bottom of hem 31"

Despite the measurements there is a bit of wadding which must make it smaller inside. I sized up rather than bought my true size because on an 'arm stretch' it felt a bit snug with my thickest sweater underneath.

Swallowedbyasnake Sun 15-Nov-15 12:03:41

Thanks, that is so helpful. Think I'm going to get it and cross my fingers that no kids at my children's school have the same one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now