Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

style/fashion forums

(10 Posts)
PretzelPrincess Sat 14-Nov-15 19:35:40

Do you guys use other style and beauty type forums such as this one? I've seen lots of blogs recommended on here before but not any other forums.

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Sat 14-Nov-15 20:19:37

No, I don't know of any! (Aside from reddit, hate the layout) And that's why I'm here despite not being a parent yet smile So glad I did as I've met so many lovely people!

PretzelPrincess Sat 14-Nov-15 23:58:24

I've just feel this board has gone very quiet recently confused unless everyone else has better things to do than me...in my defence I'm on maternity leave...

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 15-Nov-15 00:46:56

Sali Hughes from The Guardian has a forum on her website - lots of wise, funny women there talking about fashion, beauty and everything else.

FrustratedFrugal Sun 15-Nov-15 08:03:44

Forums in general are going quiet. It seems that they only attract older people, the young people at work laugh at my forum habit wink

PretzelPrincess Sun 15-Nov-15 11:44:38

I'm young! I like forums!

shedragon Sun 15-Nov-15 11:48:39

So what do em, young people, cough cough, do instead of forums Frugal?

maybemyrtle Sun 15-Nov-15 11:52:56

I thought the kids were all about snapchat, facetime and whatsapp these days (which probably means that they've already moved on to something else). I'd have imagined forums might be a bit too "wordy"?

FrustratedFrugal Sun 15-Nov-15 13:52:15

My younger coworkers (25+) shop their clothes from local Facebook sales, they are on Instagram and Whatsapp and other apps where they can chat with their friends. Twitter and forums totally baffle them. They also feel out of touch with whatever teens are using (Snapchat etc).

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Sun 15-Nov-15 15:13:10

I'm 29 and I don't know anyone in real life, except my sister, who is anywhere near as interested in clothes as me, so I don't chat to RL friends much about fashion/shopping. DSis and I chat on Facebook about it all and always shop together in person.
I don't really ever talk about being on forums, so I wouldn't know if anyone else is on any. I'm always telling people to get on Pinterest though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now