Talk

Advanced search

brwwww it's cold outside: help me find soft leather gloves

(8 Posts)
RaisinGirls Fri 13-Nov-15 20:35:47

my hands nearly froze off walking home from the shops this evening. I don't own a pair of gloves, but I think I'm getting weak in my old age and really starting to feel the cold.

Can anyone recommend a pair of leather gloves? I am thinking very soft leather and not too thick so I can still fumble around for my travel card, keys and change etc.

ScrambledSmegs Fri 13-Nov-15 20:46:37

TK Maxx are great for leather gloves. Loads of different colours/styles to choose from. I personally like either wool or cashmere lined, but quite frankly am not going to sniff at acrylic either because often it's very soft and warm.

I've also bought a pair of shearling gloves for when the weather gets very cold and I have to be outside for ages for the kids activities. Pretty good value - gloves/ here. M&S do them too but they're £60 and only come in 2 sizes.

ScrambledSmegs Fri 13-Nov-15 20:47:51

Oh, and you can't go far wrong with Dents. Good quality gloves, nice soft leather.

CoconutAmericano Fri 13-Nov-15 20:48:24

www.cosstores.com/gb/Women/Hats_Scarves_Gloves/Leather_gloves/10672463-32789541.1#c-22755

These are the ones I want.

ScrambledSmegs Fri 13-Nov-15 20:49:02

Messed up the shearling gloves link. Sorry.

Gloves

AgentProvocateur Fri 13-Nov-15 20:55:05

I second TK Maxx. They have a great selection

WowOoo Fri 13-Nov-15 20:57:18

Accept that for properly warm gloves, you might need to take them off for v fiddly things. Or really organise your bag to easily reach things.

I got mine from John Lewis. Thin wool lined and soft leather that fits perfectly. There are different sizes. Worth trying on for a good fit. I've had mine for years and they are still wearable. I have a few colours that I mix and match.

MamaAwayOnBusiness Fri 13-Nov-15 20:58:35

Chester Jeffries will make them for you and they're reasonable. I have had a pair of cashmere lined ones for years and I love them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now