Talk

Advanced search

Victoria Secret cheaper in the US?

(12 Posts)
NoMoreMrRight Fri 13-Nov-15 16:17:15

DD (13) has asked for a Pink hoodie/pj's from Pink (Victoria Secret). A friend of mine is travelling to the US so I thought I would ask her to buy them for me but upon checking their US site (using an American IP address and selecting shipping to the US) I've noticed that things are only a pound or two cheaper than ordering here.... can that be right? If it's anything like Abercrombie it should be a lot cheaper buying over there?

Wondering now whether I should just order here and save myself the hassle...

Jaeme Fri 13-Nov-15 16:52:09

You should be able to go on to the site and just choose US dollar as currency and ship to US address, usually the prices are pounds for dollars.

Also they do offers at this time of year usually along the lines off of $15 off of $100 spend and free shipping, the discount increases with the spend.

NoMoreMrRight Fri 13-Nov-15 17:39:27

I tried that too Jaeme but they cover the dollar amount to sterling ie $57 changes to £30something (whatever the exchange rate is in Google). Just a pound or two cheaper. ..

NoMoreMrRight Fri 13-Nov-15 17:40:00

*convert

HermioneWeasley Fri 13-Nov-15 19:52:18

No, if she buys them there it will be the same price in $ as we pay in £

NoMoreMrRight Fri 13-Nov-15 20:24:10

Problem is she'll be busy with no time for shopping so was opening on ordering online (in USD) and have it delivered to her hotel.

I just checked again. The exact same hoodie is $50 with US shipping address/currency and £31 with GBP. About 1 pound cheaper. ..it doesn't make sense.

Wombat87 Fri 13-Nov-15 21:08:28

Every now and then they realign to keep up with the exchange rate. Apple recently increased their prices. I was going to buy a MacBook whilst in Australia given that it was 2 dollars to the £1. They put them up to account for exchange sad

NoMoreMrRight Tue 17-Nov-15 16:44:28

Thank you. There's only a couple of pounds difference so I think I'll just visit the London store and buy there directly.

Nettletheelf Wed 18-Nov-15 00:50:25

If you order from the US you often have to pay import duties anyway (I think it's if the contents of the package cost more than £18) plus a fee to the shipping company for holding it back, so it can work out more expensive in the end.

VimFuego101 Wed 18-Nov-15 00:53:42

Usually if you sign up to a company's mailing list here, you get coupons. Try that...

bigTillyMint Wed 18-Nov-15 08:03:35

I think it works out the same price as DD had me buy her 2 new bras in NYC recently $$$! But as Vim says, if you can get money off/coupons for the US, it could be worth it.

NoMoreMrRight Wed 18-Nov-15 19:46:18

I'll check those coupons thank you. Friend would be bringing it in her suitcase so no customs duty to pay... --eyeing up now instead yet another J Crew Tippi as they're nearly half the over over there--wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now