Advanced search

What products would you recommend to get rid of scars, cuts, bruises etc?

(12 Posts)
InTheBox Fri 13-Nov-15 13:46:03

I bought Bio-oil earlier this week so yet to see if it'll make a difference but I'd be interested to know any recommendations (or home-made tips) of any other products I can buy in the meantime. I know it's not an overnight thing and I wish I could apply some sort of magic cream!

amarmai Fri 13-Nov-15 14:41:58

Arnica helps bruises to heal and vit e oil put on the skin will help broken skin to heal. I'm worried that you need more help than this. Can you access help thru a dr?

InTheBox Fri 13-Nov-15 15:01:17

Thanks for the tips amarmai

There's no need to see a dr really. I can allay your fears. I've got bruises and scars from a sport I used to play and now I fear I've entirely ruined my skin so it's only recently I've been trying to take care of it.

amarmai Fri 13-Nov-15 15:27:47

oh good !

Jaeme Fri 13-Nov-15 21:55:38

Decleor prolagene gel is supposed to be very good for scars.

I used sbc collagen gel to fade stretch marks, not sure if it would work on scars?

Silverstreaks Sat 14-Nov-15 08:53:15

Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream. I know it doesn't sound great but if you look it up you'll find good reviews. I buy it cheaper from Korea but you can get it from Amazon UK or have a look for Dr Organics snail stuff in Holland and Barrett.

Lara2 Sat 14-Nov-15 09:04:51

Bio-oil worked really well on my knee op scar - it's just a pale silvery line now.

InTheBox Sat 14-Nov-15 11:26:47

Thanks for the tips. Off to investigate.

dun1urkin Sat 14-Nov-15 11:40:03

I've recently had some minor cosmetic surgery on my face. The plastic surgeon said it's not the product (bio oil etc) but the massage of the scars that makes the difference. He said that most people use bio oil etc because they've heard of it, but you can use anything that's fragrance free / non irritating.
I've been instructed to massage for 2 minutes twice a day for up to six months. HTH

specialsubject Sat 14-Nov-15 11:51:02

there's no such thing. Bio oil sells so well because people use it on stretch marks, which in many people disappear of their own accord. Massage may also help so get some cheapo nivea or whatever.

bruises should go in a week or so. If they don't, get a health check. Arnica may help, but make sure you don't get conned into buying it in 'homeopathic strength', i.e. water or sugar pills.

bobsalong Mon 16-Nov-15 07:54:46

For cuts I'd recommend paw paw ointment. DD used to scratch her face (we did use scratch mitts but we couldn't keep them on her 24/7) and a dab of it faded the scratch within a couple of hours. Works fantastically on nappy rash, spots, grazes etc too. My absolute wonder product smile

Lndnmummy Mon 16-Nov-15 11:55:54

Heal gel is amazing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now