Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Non-powdery silver eyeshadow recommendations

(10 Posts)
CremeDeSudo Fri 13-Nov-15 09:51:08

Can anyone recommend any? I used to use a silver one from Boots 17 but they discontinued it a little while ago. I don't like the pewter colour in the No7 equivalent and I've been scouring the cheaper brand ranges without success.

Anything worth checking out in some of the pricier brands in John Lewis/Debenams?

VocationalGoat Fri 13-Nov-15 09:58:04

Barry M does an amazing eye glitter dust that you press on with your finger. It's gorgeous. I used it a lot as a make up artist. If you have a grey shadow or a matte shadow of the colour you wish for (like a dove grey in your case since you want silver) and then pat/press the glitter dust on over the shadow, you'll get a shimmering, beautiful result (it's not all glittery and messy like a kid's school project! And you won't end up looking like Ziggy Stardust, promise). You can wear it on its own too.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 13-Nov-15 10:06:28

Oooh Barry M Dazzle Dust (blast from the past grin )

I love Barry M products, I used to apply the Dazzle Dust with a damp brush to make a sparkly liner too.

Muses the re-introduction of gold shadow and blue /navy liner and mascara. I have brown eyes. It looked lush (I am an 80s throwback and proud )

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 13-Nov-15 10:12:52

Or , look at Benefits cosmetics. There's a powder one called Blingo that might fit the bill.
Topshop have some nice ones too (DD has Wax+Wane but it's not silver)

CremeDeSudo Fri 13-Nov-15 10:33:43

I'll check out Barry M, thanks smile Never thought of looking at TopShop make up actually but we've just got a new store so will look there too!

I don't generally get on with powdery eyeshadows as for some reason it causes my left eye to water a lot. I think the powder blocks my tear duct? It's very inconvenient!

Placeinthesun Fri 13-Nov-15 10:44:04

Try Mac as well. Brilliant make up.

NeverGoOutOfStyle Fri 13-Nov-15 13:53:07

Have a look at these from MAC; Electra, Forgery, Filament, Silver Ring or Pigment in Silver Fog, I've attached a picture that shows the difference between them quite well. You might also want to take a look at a cream shadow like Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Eyeshadow in Platinum.

CremeDeSudo Fri 13-Nov-15 14:44:10

Are all those MAC ones cream? It's a good pic!

NeverGoOutOfStyle Fri 13-Nov-15 15:01:30

They're powder shadow but they texture is very different I find to the cheaper ones, they're softer and less powdery, I have a similar issue and these are great.

CremeDeSudo Fri 13-Nov-15 15:11:50

Thanks! I'm happy to spend the extra if I know it's worth it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now