Talk

Advanced search

which of these should I keep?

(15 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Thu 12-Nov-15 19:28:19

Which should stay and which should go? Btw I'm mid thirties, live in jeans and need boots for casual and school run.
Clarks pilico shine - I like these but they are weirdly large around the toes. http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/26113469

Hush puppies - very cosy waterproof and practical and gorgeous oiled leather but a bit...meh?
https://www.jonesbootmaker.com/s/hush-puppies-boots-high-leg-boot-casual-2639421933

Not sure if these are worth trying?
http://www.clarks.co.uk/p/26110702

ReggaeShark Thu 12-Nov-15 19:33:44

First ones.

CoconutAmericano Thu 12-Nov-15 19:43:00

Really like the first ones in black. So much so that I've just bought them, so thanks keepon!

MrsRogerSterling Thu 12-Nov-15 19:47:51

First ones.

keeponkeepinon Thu 12-Nov-15 19:48:24

I love a shoe thread! Instinct says first ones - coconut did you try the third ones out interest - given that they bear some similarities?not sure about that furry bit...they look really warm though. Or did you meanyou just bought them online? They are a good price, I've got the taupe - they are more brown than the mushroom colour they appear online.

Donge13 Thu 12-Nov-15 19:52:53

First ones, I have them, they are so comfy

keeponkeepinon Thu 12-Nov-15 20:03:25

May I have a critique of pair number 2 please? They are so warm and cosy and the oiled leather is so lovely. I'm just not sure if the sole is too light looking to fnish the look. They could do to be a bit clumpier. But waterproof and thermal....

CoconutAmericano Thu 12-Nov-15 20:11:43

keepon i've been looking for a pair of boots similar to these but without the hefty price tag so when I saw the ones you linked to they fitted the bill for me grin The other two pairs do nothing for me, sorry!
So glad to hear pair 1 are comfy. I am a walker, I need comfort.

burnishedsilver Thu 12-Nov-15 20:13:34

The first and second pair are both lovely. Theyre so different that its not an either/or situation. I think you need both :-)

I dont like the third pair.

keeponkeepinon Thu 12-Nov-15 20:27:23

coconut the first pair are definitely comfy. And good with skinnies in or under straight legs. I love the boots you linked! Interested in the link too re wearing socks with boots, I'd like to master this without looking like a pleb. Its a great way ti hide wrinkles of jeans that are just a tad too loose to be tucked in right.

silver you used the danger word - both! this has got me into trouble before...!

BettyBitesBums Thu 12-Nov-15 20:29:06

Coconut that's exactly what I was looking for too. Surely a sign we spend too long on MN! I've ordered the first ones too. Thanks OP! Early Christmas present from me, to me.

CoconutAmericano Thu 12-Nov-15 20:32:40

Advicefromatwentysomething.com is the blog keepon. That's so funny betty we must be well and truly addicted blush grin.

Next thing - socks!

2nd - I don't like the other two.

keeponkeepinon Thu 12-Nov-15 20:38:08

Ah yes another early Christmas present...yes that's what it is...I seem to get a lot for Christmas. ..!

CoconutAmericano Thu 12-Nov-15 20:40:57

They're an absolute bargain. It would be rude not to buy them. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now