Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Stylish wellies - are there such a thing?

(7 Posts)
CoconutAmericano Thu 12-Nov-15 19:00:29

I do a lot of walking and think wellies will be a good idea in the really bad weather. Any recommendations for decent looking wellies that aren't quite as expensive as hunter?

TimeToMuskUp Thu 12-Nov-15 22:28:14

I bought some Joules lace-up boots a few years ago in navy. No idea if they still stock them but they're just fantastic for taking eh dog out, going to watch the DC's play rugby and all the stuff between. I'm going to have a look and see if they still do them.

TimeToMuskUp Thu 12-Nov-15 22:29:43

Carrick! They do still make them, but only ones I can find are black, and are higher-legs than mine. I can confirm that they last forever, though; I take the DCs skiing at the snow dome often and they've even survived a few years of that.

TimeToMuskUp Thu 12-Nov-15 22:31:22

Nope, I'm wrong, they do navy and olive. £75 so cheaper than a £90 pair of Hunters (which aren't so robust).

www.joules.com/Women/Shoes-Boots/Woodhurst/Lace-up-Muck-Boot/French-Navy?id=R_WOODHURST|FRNAVY

quirkychick Thu 12-Nov-15 22:33:19

I have some Chelsea boot wellies from Lottas (via amazon), I walk a lot and they are really stretchy, comfortable and look good with skirts or trousers. Lots of people rate Ilse Jacobsen wellies, the lace up ones are really stylish.

ThePocPocHunt Fri 13-Nov-15 10:36:47

I also have the Joules woodhurst lace-ups in Navy - I got them from Zalando in the sale for £22.50 [insert smug face] wink. They are great, really cosy and good if you are slimmer of calf as you can tighten them with the laces. Just checked Zalando and they have one pair left in a size 5 if that is any good to you - not quite as bargainous as mine but still only £52.50!

CoconutAmericano Fri 13-Nov-15 10:47:52

Thank you ladies, there is a Joules opening near me soon so will check out their wellies in store.
Lotta I love already quirky so will check these out online.
thepoc you got some bargain there!! Unfortunately I'm a size 8 so can't avail of the offer but I'm definitely leaning towards Joules.

I woke up this morning and it was winter shock

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: