Talk

Advanced search

Sore skin and can't get skincare and make up right

(3 Posts)
pussinboots61 Thu 12-Nov-15 18:54:27

My skin is always sensitive and eczema prone but just now it's really sore and I don't know what make up and skin care to use. I alternate between a tinted moisturiser and foundation, both No7. I'm currently using Liz Earle cleanser and I get compliments on my skin when I use it, along with tinted moisturiser.

I've got used to using a lip crayon now and when I use lipsticks my lips feel dry.

Am I doing.something wrong, should I use the Liz Earle cleanser without the muslin cloth?

mintbiscuit Fri 13-Nov-15 12:29:12

Hi Puss

What other products do you use in your routine? What is your routine like?

If your skin is sore something in your skincare routine may be irritating it. Might be worth stripping routine back to something really simple such as...

Night time double cleanse with sweet almond oil first then using something like cerave (can get on amazon) or cetaphil for second cleanse.

Then use a hydrating serum or facial oil (such as jojoba or rosehip) and finish with a moisturiser.

Other posters may be able to advise better on products suitable for sensitive skins. You need to find a baseline routine that is non irritating for your skin so it might be a bit trial and error at first

Indecisivejo Fri 13-Nov-15 13:45:58

Liz Earle gives a lot of people problems, including me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now