Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What is this?!

(13 Posts)
Parisbanana Thu 12-Nov-15 17:44:34

Genuinely not sure what this is. Received for my birthday. From Fat Face. Made of very fine cotton/muslin fabric. It is like a tube of fabric (not stretchy) but there is no drawstring or elastic or anything.
I am hoping I have uploaded a photo of me with it, just to give an idea of size.
Please help as I need to write a thank you letter smile

Roobix04 Thu 12-Nov-15 17:47:31

Umm.... One of those circle scarf thingies? Have you looked on the Fat Face website?

73dexter Thu 12-Nov-15 17:49:13

It looks like an enormous petticoat! Was it from you mil?!

simonettavespucci Thu 12-Nov-15 17:57:46

Giant, unstructured lampshade?

MitzyLeFrouf Thu 12-Nov-15 18:00:17

Have you told her you're planning to beef up a bit for the winter?

EmilyPunkhurst Thu 12-Nov-15 18:23:16

I agree with Roobix - I think it's a circular scarf (for looping & artistic draping).

P1nkP0ppy Thu 12-Nov-15 18:25:28

grin
I thought for a moment it was Queen Victoria's petticoat....
Intriguing!

Parisbanana Thu 12-Nov-15 18:27:54

You lot make me laugh! Not from mil (she loves me and buys me fab presents smile) but from my cousin. I feel it maybe regifted as her bday is July!
I think you're right, I think it may be a snoody scarf thingy. I'll have a little play with it. Thanks everyone

PurpleHairAndPearls Thu 12-Nov-15 18:28:27

"Thank you for the lovely present. It was very kind"

Job donesmile

What the fuck is it, though? Do they hate you? grin

OrangeSquashTallGlass Thu 12-Nov-15 18:29:19

You write thank you letters? <misses point of thread> Am I supposed to do that as an adult?! I'll have a massive back log to catch up on! Why didn't my DM tell me?!?

Parisbanana Thu 12-Nov-15 20:01:25

Thanks PurpleHairAndPearls that sounds perfect grin
OrangeSquashTallGlass I always say thank you, so if they live a distance away (and I can't bring myself to ring!) then yes, a hand written thank you letter. But this is the only one I have to do this birthday smile

73dexter Thu 12-Nov-15 20:12:30

Can we have a photo of you wearing it please grin?

burnishedsilver Thu 12-Nov-15 20:27:59

I'm going to go with the scarf idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now