Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

How often can you use IPL systems?

(3 Posts)
TwoNoisyBoys Wed 11-Nov-15 19:25:45

I've got a Philips Lumea that I use on my bikini line, have done for about three years. The recommendation is to use it once a fortnight, (although I'm not religious about it in the winter!) and although it obviously works, I'm still quite patchy. So can I use it more often, and will this sort the patchiness out, do you reckon? Or will there be some terrible side effect I'm unaware of?!

Berthatydfil Wed 11-Nov-15 19:30:43

I think they say that to maximise the efficiency as if you've zapped all the growing hairs it takes about a week to 10 days for them to fall out while any fresh unzapped ones are growing through. You could try weekly sessions but I can't see it being beneficial to do more frequently than that as you would just be wasting the zaps

TwoNoisyBoys Wed 11-Nov-15 19:46:29

That's another thing that I thought about.....there's only so many flashes on them, isn't there? I might try every week/ten days even so....just see if it does makes a difference.....I can understand that more often than that probably wouldn't be effective though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: