Talk

Advanced search

Hair dye on eyebrows?

(9 Posts)
ingeniousidiot Wed 11-Nov-15 19:04:13

Is it really so bad? I have very dark hair and very light eyebrows - am home dying it now to get rid of grey - would it really be so bad to gently wipe a little dye onto the eyebrows? I know that you're not supposed to, but what's the worst that can happen? Does anyone do it?

CuntryLiving Wed 11-Nov-15 19:13:08

No idea, maybe it'd be too dark/permanent. If you do it, let us know! Oh, although, what if it's the chemicals are too strong to put so close to your eyes - maybe don't do it!

chipsandpeas Wed 11-Nov-15 19:13:37

ive done it, vaseline round the eyebrow hair line and dont leave it on as long as you would hair dye
i normally put it on about 5 mins before i due to rinse the dye off but i am dark brown hair and dark brown eye brows (they look lighter tho)

redredread Wed 11-Nov-15 19:41:22

You can get brow dye stuff from Boots etc - pretty long lasting and easy to use

Dontyouopenthattrapdoor Thu 19-Nov-15 22:22:38

I do this every time. Works a treat. Just smear a tiny bit on with a cotton bud.

TreacleFiend Fri 20-Nov-15 16:23:36

I used to do this when some of my hair was dyed black - I just used whichever black box dye was cheapest in Boots/Superdrug at the time and never had any problems.

sky1010 Fri 20-Nov-15 16:38:58

As long as your dye is quite cool toned. An ash brown, a dark ash brown, blue black or natural black, will work fine smile

A chesnutty dye will make them glint red.

I speak from experience!

itsbetterthanabox Fri 20-Nov-15 19:55:17

They will look much better if you get them tinted.

ingeniousidiot Sat 21-Nov-15 17:44:42

I'd forgotten about this thread blush - I didn't do it - I was sitting here with dye on my hair when I wrote it, but I am very tempted to do a little light smear next time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now