Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do any primers give you a 'dewy' look if you have dry skin..?

(7 Posts)
Destinysdaughter Wed 11-Nov-15 18:18:33

Not really sold on primers tbh, I've tried a few and they don't seem to do much for me! I don't have oily skin, so don't need something mattifying, which a lot of primers seem to be. Some of them just make my skin dull and flat. Looking for something that is more brightening, illuminating, that will give my 40+ skin that illusive 'dewy' look!

Anyone found anything that definitely works or am I just whistling in the wind...?

WanderingTrolley1 Wed 11-Nov-15 18:19:15

Watching with interest.

Shonajay Wed 11-Nov-15 18:33:23

Becca illuminating primer will, revlons highlights (may have been discontinued) but they tend to be expensive. Also Hourglass ambient lighting powders are fab but expensive. My favourite at the moment is Mary Lou Maniser by The Balm, about £15 on eBay- a little goes a long way. I also find loreal(I think) Lumi foundation to look very dewy too. The best tip I found is use your normal moisturiser, I use embryolisse, but twice as much, and that gives much more of a sheen to your base when you apply, and make sure you're exfoliation regularly.

Destinysdaughter Wed 11-Nov-15 18:40:43

Thanks for those tips, I have a problem with exfoliating as I have red, sensitive skin and a lot of advice is not to exfoliate ( except with something really gentle like oats ), as it's too harsh. Oh what to do..?! confused

GreenHamNoeggs Wed 11-Nov-15 18:46:12

Laura Mercier Radiance Primer.

Kennington Wed 11-Nov-15 20:57:31

Dior glow maximiser is ace
But go easy on it during the day
I use it at night and it is great for avoiding the flat look I get with powders
One tube lasts forever - I use it every day

MaryEllen1 Wed 11-Nov-15 21:02:15

I have incredibly dry & sensitive skin and have started using smashbox photofinish hydrating primer, it's amazing. My make up no longer disappears in to my skin leaving it patchy and it lasts forever, i use it every day and have had it for 2 months and not made a dent in it yet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now