Talk

Advanced search

Post baby tummy

(5 Posts)
NewBallsPlease00 Wed 11-Nov-15 14:17:13

Hi a few questions- I've posted in exercise but it's slow!
So...
How long does it take for a baby tummy to flatten - I'm 2weeks post delivery and wondered if what's left is now cake weight rather than baby?
Then- what's a good way to dress a post birth bump- think mr greedy style- it's properly lower tummy. I was a 10 prior and prob overall Large 12 ish now (wearing 10 maternity below bump Leigh topshop jeans tho) im not used to carrying weight there and feel conscious
Am BF - how many calories a day do I need?
Thanks

RonaldMcDonald Wed 11-Nov-15 14:21:20

Congratulations on your new bambino.

I think it takes a while for all to return to normal postnatally. I personally think you are rushing things a bit.
Wait for your six week check and then see how you are feeling. Between week 0-6 there was a huge difference in me

Enjoy still wearing the mat jeans for a few weeks and then back on the horse post 6 weeks if you feel you really must

burnishedsilver Wed 11-Nov-15 14:42:17

It depends on your age and your muscles. Give it at least months. You are not fat. You are just in what they call the 4th trimester.

Fleurchamp Wed 11-Nov-15 17:58:25

My baby is 4 months old now and I am just starting to feel that I am getting my abs back!

I am doing lots of walking plus post natal Pilates.

I would wait until your check up before exercising to any strenuous degree - check whether there is a gap in your abs.

I don't think my stomach will ever be the same again though.

NewBallsPlease00 Wed 11-Nov-15 21:52:57

Ok thanks for reassurance with BF didn't know if I was needing to limit or ok just being sensible

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now