Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a nude lipstick for a pale faced brunette?

(17 Posts)
Lottapianos Wed 11-Nov-15 13:53:38

I've got a wedding coming up and I will be wearing a dark orange dress with a black-bronze smokey eye. Cheeks will also be quite strong in a rusty-orange tone. I am on the lookout for a nude lipstick as I don't want to have to worry about lipstick stains on my glass and possible lipstick on teeth in photos etc.

I have very dark brown hair, blue eyes, very pale skin with a rosy tone

I would like a nude that wont' leave me looking washed out, preferably glossy / satin finish rather than matte. Oh and I don't mind reapplying a couple of times in the day, but nothing drying. Budget is open for discussion! Thanks

fiorentina Wed 11-Nov-15 14:14:46

I have the same colouring as you and have several from Bobbi Brown I wear for work that are nude. I recommend them but try a few colours, they are very helpful as well.
Have fun!

Lottapianos Wed 11-Nov-15 15:56:29

Thanks fiorentina. I don't own any Bobbi Brown make up at all so a visit to their counter is overdue anyway!

Cheesybaps Wed 11-Nov-15 16:01:58

I have the same colouring as you. One of my favourite lipsticks is Rimmel (Kate Moss collection) long lasting in No 3.

It's a lovely rich nude shade that doesn't wash me out. And also only around 6 quid! grin

TennesseeMountainPointOfView Wed 11-Nov-15 16:02:25

Try Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey (it's the only shade) - it's very sheer, more of a coloured balm. It looks very dark in the tube, but it isn't once it's on.

burnishedsilver Wed 11-Nov-15 16:04:20

I have similar colouring and wear a nude by MAC called Modesty. I'm not sure if it might be a bit too pinky for the look you are after.

Lottapianos Wed 11-Nov-15 16:25:57

Tennessee and burnished, thanks but both of those definitely look too pink.

Cheesybaps, that might be an option, will pop into Superdrug and have a look, thanks. I have used a couple of Kate Moss Rimmel lipsticks in the past and found them terribly drying - no problems with this one?

Cheesybaps Wed 11-Nov-15 16:46:09

Nope, no problems - it goes on like a dream and feels quite moisturising!

NathalieM Wed 11-Nov-15 16:55:00

I have a very similar complexion to you and I've used Modesty by MAC before also. I found the colour to be just fine.

Lottapianos Wed 11-Nov-15 17:02:40

When I say too pink, I mean too pink to work with a dark orange dress and bronzey toned make up look, not too pink for my colouring!

lurkingfromhome Wed 11-Nov-15 17:25:46

Possibly MAC Twig?

chalkycheesefest Wed 11-Nov-15 21:32:47

Mac twig is good,on the brownish side of neutral for me.
Mac midimauve is on the purpley side of neutral.
Bobbi brown rose petal is the one I've always used as it looks exactly like my lip colour...which sometimes I like, but other times I go for Mac plumful or clinique strawberry chubbystick for slight colour.

chalkycheesefest Wed 11-Nov-15 21:34:51

I always have to reapply lipstick....do other people not talk or drink or eat during the day?

whitershadeofpale Wed 11-Nov-15 21:37:34

This video should have some good recommendations.

www.lisaeldridge.com/video/27048/how-to-find-and-wear-the-perfect-nude-lipstick-for-you/#.VkO061_fX7o

FaFoutis Wed 11-Nov-15 21:45:38

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Lip Protectant Stick Sheer Tint in plum.
It looks dark but goes on nude with the perfect tint of colour.

TheGrallon Wed 11-Nov-15 22:51:24

Bobbi Brown Sandwash Pink is a good pink nude, not very glossy though ..... More of a cream finish

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 11-Nov-15 23:02:05

the Kate Moss 08 or 03 is a "dupe" for Mac Velvet Teddy. I bought one (can't remember which) for my DD when she wanted the MAC one .

I had a really gorgeous Body Shop MLBB nude years ago (I think 06) but the colours might have changed now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now