Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Job Interview Shoe Help

(2 Posts)
Allinafankle Tue 10-Nov-15 21:24:50

I have a job interview next week and have my outfit sorted but my problem is I have a foot injury which is preventing me from wearing normal shoes. I've been living in Skechers and a pair of Ugg-style boots which my employer has been understanding enough to let me wear. But what do I do for the interview? I can't rock up in a smart suit and trainers can I?! grin Dh has suggested I wear them to travel in and change into shoes when I get there but I literally can't walk even a couple of steps in shoes, it's so painful. I'm stressed enough about the interview without this added pressure.

EmilyPunkhurst Tue 10-Nov-15 21:39:13

If absolutely all shoes are agony would it work to wear a normal (flat) shoe on your good foot and something obviously medical on the other foot? Like a walking splint, or support?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: