can anyone suggest some stylish but very comfortable shoe/boots for going out? I'm talking clarks squidgy sole comfy...

(34 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Tue 10-Nov-15 19:09:51

Just can't be bothered going out in uncomfortable shoes it really spoils my night now. What with Christmas heading towards us I want to get some black shoes or ankle boots that I could wear with jeans or a dress and still look stylish along with being able to dance all night. I like Clarks for their comfortable soles and casual wear but not sure about shoes for going out. Any suggestions? I tend to wear skinniesand smart tees, blazer or occasionally dresses with black opaques. I was hoping for something I could wear with opaques. If its a shoe boot I can hide a sock inside so much the better grin

BikeRunSki Tue 10-Nov-15 19:33:59

these Hotters aren't too bad and are meant to be very comfy.

keeponkeepinon Tue 10-Nov-15 19:46:28

grin Thanks but I'm hoping not to be in hotters for a good while yet! I'm mid thirties and I just don't want to hobble around in high heels with soles thinner than a salmons fin! I just ebayed some hush puppies which i kind of liked for their quirkiness but were dangerously into lady shoes territory if that makes sense. I'm not bothered about high fashion but being stylish is the aim. Maybe next have something comfy.
I'll take a look.

mumsnit Tue 10-Nov-15 20:01:34

Brogues? The patent/two tone ones are quite dressy!

lilacclery Tue 10-Nov-15 20:06:15

I bought marco tozzi boots last year & love them for their comfort & style they do shoes too

hettie Tue 10-Nov-15 20:12:38

Clark's or Jones the bootmaker after good for this

Potterwolfie Tue 10-Nov-15 20:14:40

I bought some black Palma Trina boots from Clarks and they are absolutely gorgeous. As comfortable as a flat but with a gloriously chunky heel. I wear them with skirts and thick tights, or skinny jeans/jeggings and longer tops. Honestly can't fault them for day, or night use.

NorthernLurker Tue 10-Nov-15 20:18:49

You won't get anything properly comfortable from Next. The poster who has linked Hotters is doing you a favour. Using or not using a shop based on your age is a bit daft. Otherwise yes, try Clarks.

herecomesthsun Tue 10-Nov-15 20:25:15

try M and S with isolia, failing that Footglove grin

herecomesthsun Tue 10-Nov-15 20:30:18

Insolia - I have theseand these

aniceearlynight Tue 10-Nov-15 21:06:13

Air and Grace London (http://airandgracelondon.com) are a new company offering comfy but stylish shoes. Saw them mentioned on the Does My Bum Look 40 blog. Might be worth having a look.

Stay well away from Hotter!

Some of the Clarks heels are nice, or another vote for Insolia at M&S.

I'd wear any of:

These fairly ordinary boots

These beauties

Sequin shoes

Love these but v high

Shoeboot things
Snake

These are v me but suspect not many people will like them

keeponkeepinon Tue 10-Nov-15 21:35:59

Maybe I overstated the need for comfort. And perhaps I should have mentioned my age. Thanks to all for opinions I was thinking I had missed a gem in a range on the high street, like Insolia as mentioned.
I will probably always buy from a shop based on my age northernlurker as a 30-odd year old I would no more browse in hotter than I would in somewhere that generally seems to suit much younger women! I have to base something on age or I would be looking in every shop there is!

amitha Tue 10-Nov-15 21:41:43

I got Hudson black chelsea boots that are so comfy, and work with skinnies and also tights/dresses. Also Fly London boots are super comfy.

keeponkeepinon Tue 10-Nov-15 21:45:45

Bike - thanks and sorry if my reply seemed sharp, I guess I wasnt expecting that link!
Mumsnit - I've done brogues last couple of years, my clarks hambles have served me well but I fancy some heels for a change I suppose but without the associated pain!
Hettie - I used to love Jones and now I always forget about them! I'll have a nosy.
Potter - I got similar black boots a year or so ago, clarks macay holly. Not worn them for ages so maybe I should dig out for a look.

notasgreenasiamcabbagelooking Tue 10-Nov-15 21:48:14

I have these which are bloody comfy and look good with skinnies and opaques. www.surfdome.com/dr_martens_boots_-_dr_martens_pamela_boots_-_black_broadway-231057 They were a wee bit tight on the ankles at first but have loosened up.

fredabear Tue 10-Nov-15 21:48:27

Geox - so comfy and surprisingly stylish but rather £££ (good sales though)

Cumberlover76 Tue 10-Nov-15 21:49:36

Second Fly London for comfort but also feel a bit dressed for me. I'm 39 and just got the ink{http://www.flylondonshop.co.uk/womens/all-boots/melwww.flylondonshop.co.uk/womens/all-boots/mel Fly London Mel ankle boots} and they are so comfy plus look great with jeans and dresses. Come in a range of lovely colours too. I got them in Jones the Bootmaker so you could go and try them on.

notasgreenasiamcabbagelooking Tue 10-Nov-15 21:49:44

Crossed post, didn't realise it was heels you were after.

Cumberlover76 Tue 10-Nov-15 21:50:49

Sorry, link Fail Fly

keeponkeepinon Tue 10-Nov-15 21:53:52

herecomesthesun I had some insolia platform sandals in the summer and they were bizarrely comfortable for the heel height. I'll have a look. Def can't do stilettos though, I'll go over on my ankles! Think it'd have to be a chunkier heel.

nice that site looks really interesting though I don't think I am in the market for £150 ballet flats! One to watch though.

Fozzleyplum Tue 10-Nov-15 21:56:21

Vagabond might have something you like. They're Danish (I think) and have a bit of a '90s/grunge feel, and are very comfortable. Sorry about the stupidly long link - hope it works!

www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/vagabond-grace-heeled-leather-chelsea-boot_726-10036-1416200482/?previewAttribute=Black+nubuck&previewSize=4&cm_mmc=PLA-_-Google-_-Womens-_-VAGABOND&ci_src=18615224&ci_sku=59376897&$$&_$ja=tsid:35948|cid:198861094|agid:10883760934|tid:kwd-86569847134|crid:40389446014|nw:g|rnd:12207635340843817338|dvc:c|adp:1o3&gclid=Cj0KEQiAyIayBRDo4vjdqJrgxZ0BEiQAhOYCYL8Mqu2LXNdiyN-TGugNXcSFB9xgeXgbaf2fgScZoVoaAtmZ8P8HAQ

TimeToMuskUp Tue 10-Nov-15 22:01:53

The absolute comfiest ankle boots I've ever owned are from M&S children's section (they go up to an adults size 6 - I had no idea til recently). DH despises them (they are tan and have a teeny tiny bit of glitter, I'm a magpie) but the soles are bouncy and comfy and gorgeous. I'm a TA and spend all day on my feet chasing little people about and these are the best things I've ever found.

Fozzleyplum Tue 10-Nov-15 22:02:12

Here's the link to all the styles if you're looking for something less clumpy
www.vagabond.com/en/Women/Autumn-Winter-15/

keeponkeepinon Tue 10-Nov-15 22:09:23

Remus - I like your links a lot, those m&s black and red ones I'd never have thought of but I like them, they're not too high around the foot to be dressed right up. Prob a bit too high for me though. Love the sequin courts actually.
Not a stiletto girl here so the next ones would be no good for me.
Shoeboots - I like the principle of a shoe boot, it serves many purposes and keeps your feet warm. Unsure about these, I don't know why exactly. Bit work shoe-y? Prob too high for me as well. Cocktails and high heels don't mix well for me!
Your last ones I really like! They're different And I might try them on. I was in clarks today as well. Trying on pilico shine which were very comfy but weirdly roomy and just well big on the toes. Maybe this is part of the look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now