Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Those Claris fake tan drops

(18 Posts)
BrendaandEddie Tue 10-Nov-15 06:56:19

You know in the summer I had these and were crap?
http://m.clarins.co.uk/radiance-plus-golden-glow-booster/C040101006.html?cgid=430&start=2
I think might be better for the winter. However my q is where do you all mix them? The top of my hand looks like a dirty protest.

maybemyrtle Tue 10-Nov-15 07:49:24

I use them year round, but they were great in winter when my skin goes a bit grey normally. I just mix in the palm of my hand - blob of night cream/moisturiser and add drops. Blend by rubbing hands together, apply to face. Wash hands. Done.

Fugghetaboutit Tue 10-Nov-15 07:53:02

I mix them with morning face moisturiser and always wash hands after, nice subtle glow, not orange or brown and I'm very pale.

BrendaandEddie Tue 10-Nov-15 08:48:10

I'm in bed doing them. So lazy

YourBubzYourRulzHun Tue 10-Nov-15 11:18:16

I mix it in the palm of my hand but definitely wash hands afterwards.

goingmadinthecountry Tue 10-Nov-15 18:55:20

I mix on the back of my hand with Liz Earle stuff - either serum or, my favourite, oil and moisturiser mixed together. No mark as long as I wash my hands. Love them - have being trying a bit harder with my skin and it really is noticeable. Have been using them every couple of days. Am v pale with the darkest eye circles and am nearly 52.

Nettletheelf Tue 10-Nov-15 22:05:43

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I use 4 drops in with the night cream and I am yet to see any discernible difference. I am Daz blue-white though.

Doobigetta Tue 10-Nov-15 22:13:31

The orange faced lady who sold mine to me said you shouldn't use it with oil or serum, because they are absorbed into the wrong layer of skin so it doesn't work. I have no idea if this is scientifically correct.

Nettletheelf Tue 10-Nov-15 23:09:57

The wrong layer of skin! Perhaps the serum causes the drops to penetrate into the skin and tattoo it orange. Or something. That's science.

BrendaandEddie Wed 11-Nov-15 06:18:01

I agree they're very weak. Use hsrdly any moisturiser. Loads of drops. Wouldn't buyagain

maybemyrtle Wed 11-Nov-15 08:17:01

I like them and have repurchased, but there's definitely a difference depending on which cream I mix them with. I get best results with "drier" creams, if I use them with ones with higher oil content the drops partly dye the cream itself so it's less effective (i get more of an instant glow but it washes off a bit).

mrslebon Wed 11-Nov-15 10:16:52

Agree with maybemyrtle - depends on the cream. I've mixed them with a Clarins night cream (fab) and my current Vichy Aqualia Thermal Light (not as good, as it is 'wetter').

BrendaandEddie Wed 11-Nov-15 17:43:41

oh that IS interesting

Nettletheelf Wed 11-Nov-15 21:20:47

Best product I've tried, of this type, is the St Tropez face oil. You can actually tell that you've used it when you wake up the morning after applying it, unlike the Clarins!

HardleyWorthit Wed 11-Nov-15 21:28:05

How have I never heard of these before? I'm off to take a look. Subtle is ok for me as I'm v. pale anyway.

Any smell to it?

mrslebon Wed 11-Nov-15 22:24:32

There's a very faint whiff of fake tan when you first put it on, but that's it.

YourBubzYourRulzHun Thu 12-Nov-15 10:42:58

I love them. I've bought them twice now, they make a real difference to my skin after one use. I tend to use it at night, if I put in on in the morning I can smell fake tan all day faintly.

Iusedtobecarmen Thu 12-Nov-15 19:06:41

Not tried the clarins but have the st tropez oil. Its quite subtle. My skin is medium ish tone, light olive I guess.
I put on at night after moisturiser. I dont mix. Use a few drop on palm of hand and rub in. Must wash hands straight away or will have bright orange streaks.
Lasts ages. Was about 20quid I think. Bought in summer and have about third of a bottle left.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: