Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Which Nars products would you recommend?

(13 Posts)
PrincessMarcheline Mon 09-Nov-15 15:40:08

I have decided to switch to Nars make-up. I read that they don't test on animals and I remember I had some nice make-up from them years ago.

I need everything really, as I like all my make-up to be from the same brand. So, what would you recommend?

Thanks.

squoosh Mon 09-Nov-15 15:43:32

I love Nars.

Especially their loose light reflecting powder, all the lip pencils, all the blushers (esp. deep throat), eye makeup primer, the multiples.

I could go on.

mrslebon Mon 09-Nov-15 15:49:06

I'm on the verge of buying the creamy concealer, the Orgasm blusher (I'm wearing Deep Throat today) and the Audacious mascara. ASOS have discounts of NARS today btw.

Wombat87 Mon 09-Nov-15 15:49:49

Their foundation Sheer Glow, I use the matte version of that, is amazing. And the colour matches are pretty good too. Doesn't last ALL day but to be honest if you're like me and sit there touching your face a lot then it wont.

And I LOVE the creamy concealer - covers dark circles a treat.

The thing I like a lot about this brand, is that it's advised you use your fingers to apply it. Unlike MAC that will sell you every brush it has for 1 particular purpose. They say you need to buy a pump for the bottle - but i found my last bottle had it included so check first.

If you use primer, the Smashbox cream/gel use also great with this NARS stuff - go for the cream (for pore reducing) or gel though, not the water based one.

southeastastra Mon 09-Nov-15 15:51:02

love their eye paint, concealers, blusher, crayons everything really!

PrincessMarcheline Mon 09-Nov-15 16:22:12

Wow, thanks everyone! I have light to medium skin, dark brown hair and green eyes. What colours (blusher/shadow/lipstick) would you recommend for me please grin ?

FrustratedFrugal Mon 09-Nov-15 16:41:54

I have quite a lot of Nars. The creamy concealer in Vanilla and the Kauai eye duo (gold/purple) would be the only ones that I would repurchase. Blushers, lipsticks, the Narsissist eye palette - probably not, they are just average, I prefer others.

mrslebon Mon 09-Nov-15 21:48:40

@FrustratedFrugal - how pale is the Vanilla concealer? For comparison, I use the Cool Medium in the Collection concealer, light medium in the Double Wear concealer (I think) and Light Bisque in Bobbi Brown's corrector and Sand in the BB creamy concealer.

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 09-Nov-15 21:59:34

The eyeshadow primer is fantastic - I think I have tried every one on the market and this one is perfect. The Audacious lipsticks are great, and I have quite a few different blushers which I also really rate. I don't think their eyeshadows are brilliant, personally, and while I have a few I've been given as gifts, I rarely use them and wouldn't purchase myself.

MrsBertMacklin Mon 09-Nov-15 22:18:31

NARS that I like: the duo eyeshadows and long wear liners, stick and creamy concealer, light reflecting loose powder, powder blushers and semi matte lipsticks. Love the last three.

I do not like the dual intensity eyeshadows (powdery), the soft touch eyeshadow pencils are creasy rubbish (Bobbi Brown & Maybelline much better), the mascaras are mediocre and the paint pots for eyes are overpriced for what they are (Maybelline again for this). Audacious lipsticks are just not for me, too much slip, yet somehow also not moisturising.

Tinted moisturiser is very nice and their lipstick pencils are all good (they come in different finishes, all good for the interesting shades, rather than finish or wear).

Lauren1983 Tue 10-Nov-15 01:11:54

Glossybox are releasing a Nars box on the 16th for £35. It has deluxe sample sizes of Orgasm Multiple, Audacious Mascara, Via Veneto Larger than Life Eyeliner, Orgasm Blush and Rikugien Satin Lip Pencil. Might be worth trying?

You will need to join the waiting list though as it will sell out really quickly.

experience.glossybox.co.uk/glossybox-for-nars/

ZacharyQuack Tue 10-Nov-15 02:28:09

I love NARS, it's my favourite brand. Sheer Glow foundation and Tinted Moisturiser are both excellent, as is the Light Reflecting loose powder and Creamy Concealer. NARS blushes are fantastic, and I love the eyeshadows though some people don't. All NARS lip products are great, and I love the Copacabana Illuminator. I've not tried any of their mascaras, as I think you can get excellent mascaras at a much cheaper price. I've tried a couple of their eye liner pencils and the dark brown eye paint is one of my favourite liners.

FrustratedFrugal Tue 10-Nov-15 05:18:30

Mrs Lebon I'm often too pale for regular concealer but Nars Vanilla matches my skin exactly. I tried it on before buying.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: