Talk

Advanced search

Speeding up hair growth!

(11 Posts)
TonyMaguire Sun 08-Nov-15 12:24:02

Does anything work? Growing out short hair and I need to transition through the awful stage with a bit more speed.

ThomasSofty Sun 08-Nov-15 12:59:10

I take MSM and L-lysine, and have really noticed a difference in the speed of my hair growth. Also, my hair is super shiny and I never have to use conditioner! I get MSM from the Healthspan website, and L-lysine from Holland and Barrett.

CuttedUpPear Sun 08-Nov-15 13:18:34

I'm trying to grow out a fallen out perm so will try these!

specialsubject Sun 08-Nov-15 14:34:34

no, nothing works. Otherwise we would all have super long hair at a whim.

hair growth rate is controlled by your follicles, as is the length it will grow to before it falls out. This can change over your lifetime. Eating badly can cause hair loss.

eat proper food rather than give H and B even more of a laugh.

CuttedUpPear Mon 09-Nov-15 22:22:08

But special by your reasoning, if eating badly can cause hair loss, then taking supplements could help with hair growth, no?

specialsubject Tue 10-Nov-15 09:47:55

no. Think about it.

If you eat crap you could slow things down from the natural rate of growth, which is determined by your follicular life cycle. If you eat properly you'll get the natural rate. If you chug down loads of supplements you'll get expensive urine and a possible overdose, not longer hair.

leadrightfoot Tue 10-Nov-15 12:24:39

Review on factors including nutrition that can impact hair growth. Nutrients can be important but .....

linky to science

Destinysdaughter Tue 10-Nov-15 12:51:41

Stand on your head to increase bkood flow!

SeasonalVag Tue 10-Nov-15 21:19:24

How slo was your hair growth before, Thomas?

Nettletheelf Tue 10-Nov-15 22:03:27

Sea kelp tablets made my hair grow faster, I swear!

CuttedUpPear Tue 10-Nov-15 23:21:56

Nice link lead - the science says micronutrients can help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now