Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Favourite lipstick

(26 Posts)
Alligatorpie Sun 08-Nov-15 00:12:25

I am looking for recommendations for a new brand of lipstick. Preferably one that lasts the day, but I find the long lasting ones make my lips dry out. Any suggestions? Thanks.

FrustratedFrugal Sun 08-Nov-15 07:11:55

Check out Kiko. Their lipsticks are excellent and last all day. The creamy types are also lovely to wear, try this or this.

HopefulAnxiety Sun 08-Nov-15 13:24:47

Maybelline 24 hour lip colour (the dual ended ones) are brilliant. The balm makes it very comfortable to wear.

LettuceLaughton Sun 08-Nov-15 13:29:31

Mac lipsticks are great.

Thing is though an actual lipstick is never going to last all day, well not if you wish to speak, drink or eat at all. Never.
Even long lasting lipsticks like the excellent mabelline 24 hour stuff won't mange a full day without some reapplication.

LettuceLaughton Sun 08-Nov-15 13:30:32

But maybe you mean say, 8 hours, rather than 14/16 hours?

Donge13 Sun 08-Nov-15 14:37:02

Stila lipstick is great

HopefulAnxiety Sun 08-Nov-15 16:29:09

I find MAC lipstick to be so drying - I like the Kate for Rimmel ones though.

FrustratedFrugal Sun 08-Nov-15 18:13:12

I've worn the Kiko Stylo for 10+ hours now through two meals and some coffee without reapplying. It still looks good.

Alligatorpie Sun 08-Nov-15 21:42:25

Thanks. I used to wear Mac, maybe will try them again and the Kiko stylo. 8 hours would be perfect, I don't mind replying once or twice a day.

LettuceLaughton Sun 08-Nov-15 21:46:32

See, I have really quite dry skin and don't find that with MAC, I have heard that said a lot though. Their Ruby Woo is my true love and it's supposed to be the worst for drying but doesn't give me problems at all confused

Mabelline 24 made my lips feel desert like, even with over regular application of the balm.

The Kate for Rimmel ones are nice, indeed. Not too pricey either. I use the 111 red for day to day 'cause it's pretty much the same colour as Ruby Woo (but not so matte, unfortunately). It really doesn't last all day, never ever. Probably has 60% of the staying power of the Ruby Woo.

I suppose it might just be that the wearing off is apparent with red (or a bright / dark colour) than with more neutral shades. Out of interest, what sort of cours are people wearing when it;s still looking good after many, many hours?

LettuceLaughton Sun 08-Nov-15 21:47:42

...more apparent...

BrendaandEddie Sun 08-Nov-15 21:50:01

i dont go for longevity.I like reapplying
my favourite is bobbi brown or tom ford but the latter is expensive

YellowTulips Sun 08-Nov-15 23:06:26

Current favourite is Charlotte Tilbury in the shade Bond Girl.

Nettletheelf Sun 08-Nov-15 23:12:27

I'm not a big fan of Clinique but their new pop lipstick lasts well.

lorelei9 Mon 09-Nov-15 20:22:21

Frustrated, they look good but I'm always concerned about buying colours without trying them on. I bought Bourjois lip velvet and they came out much darker and brighter on the lip than my hand but there was no hygienic way to try them on my lips.

I tend to buy from qvc because they let you return make up but so far I haven't found any of their lipsticks long lasting, does Kiko really last all day?

FrustratedFrugal Mon 09-Nov-15 20:50:23

I found Kiko when Chanel discontinued my favorite shade. I matched a swatch of my previous one on my hand with many possible new lipsticks and happened to get a terrific match at Kiko - so that might be a good way to try a new shade. I bought a Nars near-match too but it oxidizes on my lips and becomes too dark, plus Kikos are just far more pleasant to wear. I wore the shade #02 (Vintage Rose) of Kiko Unlimited Stylo again today and my lips were still highly pigmented when I took off my makeup about 12 hours later. My Chanel lipsticks fade at lunch. The blurb on the Kiko website says "Self-evaluation test conducted on 20 women:70% of women claim that the product remained intact 8 hours after application."

The Kiko lipsticks I have are cool mid pinks like this one and bright red. The bright red has excellent wearing time too, I can skip a touchup after lunch if I want to. Some liquid lipsticks and lip stains will have an even better wearing time.

lorelei9 Mon 09-Nov-15 21:07:48

Thanks Frustrated, the colour I want is out of stock at the mo but I think I will try this brand.

jamtartandcustard Tue 10-Nov-15 13:59:04

I wear Mac viva glam v as my daily fave. I don't find it drying at all

BrendaandEddie Tue 10-Nov-15 15:18:58

I loved that for ages.

Featherstep Tue 10-Nov-15 18:15:28

Nars' Audacious ones are very good, great colors and I don't find the one I have drying.

Estee Lauder Envy range is much lauded, they look moisturizing and luxurious but I never found a shade I loved.

Fieryfighter Wed 11-Nov-15 07:59:49

The new Rimmel 'The One' lipsticks are fab, I'm so impressed with them and so cheap!! I have four of them already

lorelei9 Wed 11-Nov-15 09:44:46

Fiery, how long do they last please?

Fieryfighter Wed 11-Nov-15 09:57:21

Bloomin' ages! They go on nice and slick but slowly dry to less glossy (although def not matte) and have lasted brill throughout drinks and meals although I'm a habitual reapplyer so haven't really tested how long from first application to vanished but I would definitely call them an all day lipstick 8hrs? Maybe.

They're 4.99 in Morrison's at the moment but rrp is 6.99, got some in the superdrug 3 for 2 anyway stop cheap enoughh to try out. Lovely colours too, my new gave lipstick by miles and I'm such a make up junkie

mrslebon Wed 11-Nov-15 10:11:23

I have to go on the basis of the lipstick I have repeatedly bought and that's Laura Mercier in Rose. I'm on my third and will cry if they ever discontinue it. I re-apply at lunchtime after I've eaten and that's it. I tend to pop a bit of Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream Protectant over the top for added gloss.

www.feelunique.com/p/Laura-Mercier-Creme-Smooth-Lip-Colour-4g

WhyDoesGastonBark Wed 11-Nov-15 12:53:27

To last the day Rimmel Provacalips. Looks glossy at first but dries down almost matte. I have 5 from that range.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now