Talk

Advanced search

Facial oil

(21 Posts)
Wings13 Sat 07-Nov-15 13:00:48

Can anyone recommend a good facial oil for underneath moisturizer? I had a sample of the body shop oils of life and it is fabulous but is quite pricey in euro so am looking for something a bit more reasonable- less than 40€!

I've just bought the Boots Botanics organic one and it is lovely. Not quite as nice as the Clarins one I had prevously but about a quarter of the price. I mix a few drops into a dollop of night cream and slather it on before bed. It does seem to be helping.

rageagainsttheBIL Sat 07-Nov-15 15:32:15

Neals yard rose oil is nice

rosepepper2010 Sat 07-Nov-15 18:19:53

Are you in France by any chance (just because you put Euro)?

I get the mono prix own brand argan oil - it's really cheap and really nice! replaced my clarins.

chanie44 Sat 07-Nov-15 20:50:34

The body shop have frequent offers and often 40% off, so it's worth keeping an eye out of you really like it.

I bought a facial oil from aldi which was quite nice. It's back in stock at the moment.

Twinklestein Sat 07-Nov-15 21:53:00

I find the best are avocado oil and almond oil. They blend into the skin well.

You can buy them in health shops for under a tenner.

You could buy Decleor's Aromessence serums which are basically avocado oil plus a few drops of essential oils, but they're 40 quid for 30ml.

MrsMeow Sun 08-Nov-15 09:19:13

Clarins Blue Orchid Oil is lovely and has transformed my dehydrated skin.

Heyheyheygoodbye Sun 08-Nov-15 09:25:59

I like Aurelia and Neal's Yard

DickDewy Sun 08-Nov-15 10:48:10

Another vote for Clarins Blue Orchid.

You only need a tiny amount and it smells divine.

Twinklestein Sun 08-Nov-15 21:02:19

Clarins Blue Orchid it's just hazelnut oil plus drops of patchouli and rosewood essential oils.

You can buy hazelnut oil for about £6. So you're spending the rest of the 30 quid on packaging, perfume and advertising.

Also patchouli can be very irritating to the skin.

applecatchers36 Sun 08-Nov-15 21:05:55

Neals yard frankincense is good

misscph1973 Sun 08-Nov-15 21:20:13

I buy organic oils online and mix them myself. At the moment I use a mix of olive oil (from the kitchen), avocado oil and a few drops essential oil, at the moment I like rose oil (very expensive, so I buy one diluted in almond oil).

Wings13 Sun 08-Nov-15 21:50:17

Thanks all- loads to look into here.
Rosepepper2010- am not in France but in Ireland where everything is marked up at what seems like 200% ( slight exaggeration!). Also, have never seen the body shop here have any discounts. Must sign up to their emails just in case though!

legoqueen Sun 08-Nov-15 21:59:34

I've been given a couple of facial oils (Caudalie plus a sample of the Clarins Blue Orchid) but am not sure how & when to use them...any tips please? Are they as well as or instead of moisturiser?

Nabootique Mon 09-Nov-15 09:34:23

It depends on your skin type lego, but generally as well as moisturiser, at night. In terms of molecule sizes and how the products absorbs, the oil should go over moisturiser, although if you have a moisturiser with a lot of silicone you might find it balls up. You can put oil under moisturiser, but the moisturiser won't penetrate the skin as well. It's just down to preference, really!

misscph1973 Mon 09-Nov-15 10:26:02

I use my face oil in the evening (after oil cleaning method). In the morning I just splash cold water on my face.

rosepepper2010 Mon 09-Nov-15 11:45:56

I put it on at night but don't put moisturizer on over the top.

In winter i sometimes put it on in the morning under moisturizer and makes a big difference to the softness to my skin.

cressetmama Mon 09-Nov-15 12:45:47

If you ever see Marula oil for sale, try that. I found some in TK Maxx and bought it because I liked the Clarins Marula Melt cleanser. It smells great and hasn't triggered any allergic reactions.

shovetheholly Mon 09-Nov-15 13:48:46

I just got bought the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse multi-use dry oil. IT IS AMAZING! It sinks right in and my skin feels so soft. It smells super good too. Like a perfume.

legoqueen Mon 09-Nov-15 21:12:37

Thanks for the advice & apologies OP for hijack...it didn't seem to warrant another thread.

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 09-Nov-15 22:35:01

I do serum, oil, then moisturiser at night - that's what Caroline Hirons and Sali Hughes recommend. Sometimes I skip the moisturiser, but oil should definitely go under it, not over, according to them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now