Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Apple Smart Watches

(14 Posts)
BrendaandEddie Sat 07-Nov-15 07:48:15

Do any of them look nice? I am partial to a NICE watch and fear these all look a bit shit. Has anyone seen a good looking one in RL?

ShelaghTurner Sat 07-Nov-15 08:13:41

Yes. The one on my wrist looks nice...

CountryPlumpkin Sat 07-Nov-15 08:19:31

I have one with the Milanese Loop. It is gorgeous. I wouldn't want any of the other straps.

BrendaandEddie Sat 07-Nov-15 08:23:19

i think its the combo of the square shape and functional strap Agree the metal one is nice

MuttonCadet Sat 07-Nov-15 08:47:06

I certainly wouldn't call them stylish.

Libitina Sat 07-Nov-15 09:43:19

There is a loveley rose gold one that I love. However, I don't wear a watch and it costs £10k so it's unlikely I'll ever buy it.

BrendaandEddie Sat 07-Nov-15 10:18:57

i love watches. I see them as a vital accessoire

PandasRock Sat 07-Nov-15 10:22:34

I think they all look a bit cheap, tbh.

I want one, but like watches too much to contemplate one.

Dh has one, and laments the loss of his naice watches (and curses the fact that small dc happily fiddle about with his watch whenever sitting nearby - Apple watches don't fit well under cuffs grin)

burnishedsilver Sat 07-Nov-15 10:50:58

Dh has a smart watch. It was a gift that he used for a about week. I can't figure the purpose of it. You have to have your phone on your person in order to use most of the features. If you're carrying your phone anyway why not just look at your phone? Plus, it looks like a toy. Are we missing something?

Notoedike Sat 07-Nov-15 10:58:36

I think they look a bit shit - too functional and then they aren't functional enough are they? - the charge doesn't last long enough. Dh wanted one but I managed to persuade him to wait until they didn't need charging twice a day.

ThirtyFivePounds Sat 07-Nov-15 11:17:29

I find the charge lasts long enough Notoedike. I put mine on at 7am and usually take it off at around 11pm and there is always 40% battery left. I use it regularly during the day to read emails, texts and a few other apps.

ThirtyFivePounds Sat 07-Nov-15 11:20:13

There is a loveley rose gold one that I love. However, I don't wear a watch and it costs £10k so it's unlikely I'll ever buy it.

You can buy a rose gold aluminium one now in the Sport range

Notoedike Sat 07-Nov-15 11:33:18

Thirty-five - dh's colleagues have said the opposite...I suspect his usage would mirror their's. They needed to get extra chargers for the office. Apart from that dh likes the whole geeky health monitoring aspect of the watch, it can't do that if you are charging it through the night. He ended up getting a Jawbone 4.....and he just loves it enough to forget about the watch for a while.

ThirtyFivePounds Sat 07-Nov-15 11:41:21

I find that really surprising Notoedike. I've never had a problem with battery life at all, but his colleagues must use it in a different way to the way I use mine. I haven't heard of Jawbone 4 but I'm going to Google it now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now