Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Funnel-neck type swing coat for 6-mth bump?!

(8 Posts)
Laquila Fri 06-Nov-15 19:55:41

I'm in the market for some sort of swing coat that can accommodate a bump from now til Feb and hopefully a baby in a sling beyond that.

I'm a 12-14 and about 5ft 8, and have a bump that's maybe just on the small side of average for my dates.

I've seen this at ASOS, but it's a bit longer than I'd have liked:

www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Coat-in-Midi-Swing-Trapeze/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5376032&cid=2641&Rf-800=-1,195&Rf900=1459&Rf989=6337&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Greymarl&totalstyles=30&gridsize=3

Has anyone seen anything else that might fit the bill? I saw a lady in a plain black funnel-neck made of what looked like boiled wool - it would have been ideal!

herecomesthsun Fri 06-Nov-15 20:27:39

I would have thought a funnel neck not ideal for a) baby in a sling b) the enhanced bosom of pregnancy and breastfeeding c) breastfeeding?

Laquila Fri 06-Nov-15 21:05:40

Good use of bosom there. I do see your point. Hmm I guess I wouldn't button it up, but I do like the neck-shielding nature of a funnel neck.

mrslebon Sat 07-Nov-15 11:20:13

Boden have one! I'm pregnant too (size 8, 23 weeks) and it worked well, with plenty of room for expansion. It's very soft too:

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Knitwear/Cardigans/WU031/Womens-Funnel-Neck-Coatigan.html

BUT...I returned it as this one from Zara was better on me, although not a funnel neck. But it's lovely on and will last me the course I think.

www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/outerwear/view-all/wool-coat-c733882p3023098.html

Laquila Sun 08-Nov-15 20:12:10

Ooh thank you mrslebon! Actually I have an ancient beige Boden funnel-neck coatigan that has lasted really well and been very useful, so I think I'll invest in that one in the navy. Was it boiled wool or more cardigan-style knitted?

mrslebon Sun 08-Nov-15 22:05:23

It's heavier than a cardigan style knit but fuzzier than boiled wool, if that makes any sense whatsoever! It's very snuggly. There's 25% off until midnight tonight with code 5T8N.

Laquila Sun 08-Nov-15 22:06:09

Bought it! Thanks mrs smile

mrslebon Sun 08-Nov-15 22:07:58

grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: