Talk

Advanced search

What...another shoes thread?! I know, I know, just a quickie though - pics attached!

(10 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Fri 06-Nov-15 15:30:46

What do you think of these? One more practical and waterproof/cosy for everyday, one could be worn out for work or drinks with dresses or jeans? I know ankle boots are the thing at the mo but I want something for the long term. I can only justify one of these... Opinions highly valued!

73dexter Fri 06-Nov-15 16:01:50

If you can only get one then I would go for the pair that you will be able to wear the most often.

SurlyValentine Fri 06-Nov-15 16:19:08

They are such different styles that you can't really compare them. If you get the brown ones, when it gets to December and going out for drinks in smart places you will wish you had the black ones. If you get the black ones and we get a relatively dry January and you are going for lots of walks in the countryside, you are going to wish you had the brown ones!

It has to boil down to which you think you are going to get the most wear out of. Or get both and ask your DH/DP/DParents to give you one pair for Christmas grin

PetiteBateau Fri 06-Nov-15 20:49:18

I like the knee high ones but the ankle ones are geim

PetiteBateau Fri 06-Nov-15 20:49:35

Geim=grim

Yseulte Fri 06-Nov-15 21:04:43

The knee high boots are very tough practical winter boots, but they're not really work or drinks boots imo - more daytime/country wear.

I don't like the ankle boots at all, sorry.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Fri 06-Nov-15 21:07:00

the ankle boots are really horrid, they are not even really boots, just horrid horrid shoes!

everythingsgoingsouth Fri 06-Nov-15 21:30:17

you could just get the knee highs in black..?

keeponkeepinon Fri 06-Nov-15 21:35:41

Think I'll go for the knee boots. They are waterproof and thermal lined so they'll see me through most bad weather.
The black ones are actually a short chelsea type boot. Its a bit of a crap picture. They are hush puppies moorland chelsea.

keeponkeepinon Fri 06-Nov-15 21:47:21

They do look a bit cloggy actually. ..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now