Talk

Advanced search

Moisturiser with SPF50+ ? (Korean fans, can you help?)

(7 Posts)
CuntryLiving Fri 06-Nov-15 14:40:03

I use a broad spectrum SPF50 on my face every day to protect my skin from the sun (pale, approaching a certain age, previous skin cancer).

I want one that soaks right in and moisturises, more of a moisturiser than a sun cream, but it needs to be the SPF 50+. I don't want to just use sunscreen as it's greasy and feels and looks horrible and white on your face. I also don't want to use 2 products. Does anyone use anything like this that they'd recommend? Thanks.

DingleberryDip Fri 06-Nov-15 15:05:28

Bioré sunscreens are popular.

GreenSand Fri 06-Nov-15 15:38:55

Heliocare gel and borie are in my Amazon buys from the last thread.
I've settled on eucerin, but not sure its a moisturiser I don't moisturise, but did need daily suncream

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 06-Nov-15 15:49:58

OP, please forgive me if you already know this but there is not that much difference between SPF30 and SPF50 (I had always assumed it was a linear scale).

It's just that if you felt able to use a lower SPF you may find a greater choice of products.

CuntryLiving Fri 06-Nov-15 16:14:33

Oh ItsAllGoingToBeFine I had no idea about that, thanks, I suppose I just wanted maximum protection, but 30 looks fine on that scale.
Dingle Thanks, I use Biore at the moment, but it doesn't say it's a moisturiser, and doesn't feel very moistening, iyswim. But it really does sink in nicely and not leave a greasy layer like other sunscreens, so that's why I use it.
Greensand I'm a bit hesitant to try heliocare gel, as I have the tinted moisturiser which is SPF50 and it is a little bit greasy like sun screen.
Maybe I'm being too fussy! Thank you all though.

plasticbanana Fri 06-Nov-15 19:19:11

You could try Shiseido Senka.

It's much more moisturising than Bioré Watery Essence, but does sink in and leaves a more silicone feeling than a greasy one. Apparently you're supposed to use all chemical sunscreens straight onto bare skin, before any moisturising layer.

CuntryLiving Fri 06-Nov-15 19:37:01

Brilliant, thank you Plasticbanana. I do put serum on beforehand sometimes, so must remember not to do that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now