Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Acne Pistol boots - should I buy?

(23 Posts)
PrivatePike Fri 06-Nov-15 12:55:19

My finger is hovering over the checkout button...I just don't know. Feel a bit sick at spending 380.

Oh, they're good though

lynniep Fri 06-Nov-15 12:56:54

I don't really understand. they look like a generic black ankle boot to me?

PrivatePike Fri 06-Nov-15 13:00:10

No sad No, no.

Gruach Fri 06-Nov-15 13:06:01

Oddly enough I worship pretty much everything from Acne except the Pistol boots. (I've been coveting these for months. But they look rather like all the boots I've bought before.)

But perhaps that's because I'm not a skinny jeans person. If you like them just do it!

LondonHuffyPuffy Fri 06-Nov-15 13:06:00

They are gorgeous, beautifully made BUT £380?!?! Ouch.

I'm wearing something similar today. Though not as beautiful as the Acne ones they were a helluva lot cheaper!

ZaraW Fri 06-Nov-15 13:08:23

I love mine had them nearly 5 years, they are great quality and are my favourite winter boot. Plenty of people on here call them Mum Boots but I disagree. Hudson boots but may be worth a look cheaper but have some really nice styles quality is good too.

PrivatePike Fri 06-Nov-15 13:08:25

I tend to wear ankle boots with a dress and opaques.

PrivatePike Fri 06-Nov-15 13:11:32

Thanks Zara, good to know they have lasted 5 years! It makes the thought of £380 less bitter.

Gruach Fri 06-Nov-15 13:17:41

Mmm ... Your silhouette sounds much slicker than mine. grin I'm profoundly attached to the romance of clumpy boots with "girly" frocks. And a tweed jacket.

Greengardenpixie Fri 06-Nov-15 13:30:29

I dont get the love for these boots either. Infact i think they look boring!

PrivatePike Fri 06-Nov-15 13:35:58

I love clumpy boots with frocks!

PrivatePike Fri 06-Nov-15 13:36:25

And tweed jackets.

LittleMysMoominMamma Fri 06-Nov-15 13:38:25

I have a pair that were bought for me for a birthday. I hardly ever wear them because they really do look frumpy - and I'm 49!!!

I don't actually think they're that well made either, despite minimal wear, the soles look really tatty.

Frye boots are my favourite, extremely well made and so much more comfortable...

WavingNotDrowning Fri 06-Nov-15 13:40:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sleepwhenidie Fri 06-Nov-15 13:40:26

Yes...they are super comfy, always somehow look good with anything. My black ones are on their third winter and I bought grey shearling lined ones last year. Love them and they definitely earn their keep. I saw some in the summer that were massively reduced, it may be worth waiting for sales at this point OP? 30% off would definitely lessen the blow?

KittyHello Fri 06-Nov-15 13:51:27

I'd say yes without hesitation, I have 2 pairs, black and grey shearling, BUT as Sleep above said, got them at a vastly reduced price and paid a lot less for the 2 pairs than for 1 pair full price.

When I bought the grey ones in January I wore them practically everyday until winter ended. Bought the black ones in the summer and am starting to wear them almost daily now the weather has changed.

WomanScorned Fri 06-Nov-15 16:49:05

Admittedly, I'm not familiar with Acne, (I'm boring and tend to stick with what I know) but I just don't see anything special, here.
If I were spending that sorry of money, I'd buy (more) Frye boots.

DingleberryDip Fri 06-Nov-15 16:58:54

I do like them but you can buy near identical dupes for a third of the price.

louloubelle2 Fri 06-Nov-15 17:30:53

You won't need to pay full price in a few weeks, when all the mad xmas pre-sale discounts start. Get them bookmarked in Selfridges, NAP, Matches, MyTheresa, Liberty, Kurt Geiger etc etc, sign up for their newsletters and wait for the Black Friday codes to start rolling in.

maybemyrtle Fri 06-Nov-15 19:55:14

I bought a pair with a hefty discount last year after teetering on the edge for ages. Nice boots, well made but even at the 200ish I paid I didn't think they were worth it. I sent them back and haven't regretted it once.

faustina Fri 06-Nov-15 19:56:37

They often have them at shoeaholics for much cheaper

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Fri 06-Nov-15 20:28:05

Agree with louloubelle. I paid £250 (before a gift voucher) for mine back in the days of my-wardrobe. I think this will be their third or fourth winter, I've just had them re heeled. Love them, but please don't pay £380 for them!

LetGoOrBeDragged Fri 06-Nov-15 22:10:10

I think they just look like generic ankle boots too. Sorry. Not worth 380 to me. I feel bad saying it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now