Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Am I mad going for this dress with my size/shape?

(9 Posts)
SrAssumpta Thu 05-Nov-15 21:05:38

I have a last minute but big deal wedding in 3 weeks and have just panic ordered this because I basically want to cover my arms and wouldn't bare my legs without tights and can't do another wedding in black! I'm a size 16, hour glass figure. Am I completely mad? Will the pleats make me look matronly?

Anyone any experience of Rare dresses and their sizing? Any help greatly appreciated!

WipsGlitter Thu 05-Nov-15 21:08:40

Hmmmmm. Not sure.

KnockMeDown Thu 05-Nov-15 21:13:16

I think that at size 16, with an hour glass figure, that dress would look great, as long as you are tall enough. I am a short arse and size 14 -16, and the skirt would swamp me.

flightywoman Thu 05-Nov-15 21:14:03

I'd try a waist-cinching belt with that, and some awesome heels...

AnyoneButAndre Thu 05-Nov-15 21:14:37

It's not the sanest suggestion I've ever seen I'm afraid. How tall are you? Can you wear towering heels?

patterkiller Thu 05-Nov-15 21:15:06

It's lovely if you have the height.

Lj8893 Thu 05-Nov-15 21:17:27

I'd wear it and I know it would suit my figure and I'm a size 16-18. It's lovely!

SrAssumpta Thu 05-Nov-15 21:30:42

Height is another thing I don't have on my side unfortunately blush I'm 5,5 but intend on wearing the highest heels I can get my hands on!

It's just the first dress that's ever ticked all the boxes in that I do really like it and won't have to ruin it with black tights or baleros/shrugs/throws that don't quite go. It's a free return so if it's truly awful I can send it back no problem. I'll keep an eye out for something else in the meantime but hope for the best. Thanks everyone really appreciate it!

Ilovetorrentialrain Thu 05-Nov-15 21:35:03

OP I really think that could work and know what you mean about not wanting to go down the shrug/bolero route. Or black.

Agree with PPs it needs height so heels and hair up on top of your head if it's long enough. Perhaps a sparkly necklace...

Is the skirt a kind of midnight blue? Hard to see in pic. Looks nice and a bit different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now