Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions for how to style a skirt, please?

(41 Posts)
KanyesVest Wed 04-Nov-15 20:46:15

This one - neon lights, possibly for Christmas Day or other festive outings. Everything on Pinterest seems to be pussybow blouses or bardot tops, neither of which work with my norks and general coldness. I was thinking a nice wrap around ballet cardigan, it seems no-one makes them any more only the ones that tie nana-like under the boobs. I'm about a size 10, hour glass and stacked.

Love that. I have a black fitted, cropped cashmere jumper and would probably wear it with that, black opaques and black heeled ankle boots. Or a slim fitting thin turtle neck, if you don't feel too norky in such a thing. Or something like this or just a black cami and cropped black non-wrap cardigan. Or even just a v plain t shirt.

KanyesVest Wed 04-Nov-15 20:56:54

I like that t-shirt Remus. I should have said, black against my face leaves me a bit ghostly, but a scoop neck might work. I have been eyeing up a lot of cashmere jumpers, so maybe I could ask Santa for one for Christmas day...

Tanaqui Wed 04-Nov-15 21:02:57

It's lovely- boden had a cropped cashmere cardi and a fifties style cardi either of which might be a good shape?

Tanaqui Wed 04-Nov-15 21:04:15

Here :
m.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Knitwear/Cardigans/WU011/Womens-Fifties-Cardigan.html

There's this in blue but maybe too high necked and the colour might be wrong?

Navy scoop neck

Yes, the Boden cardigan and a cami would be good.

MerlinToadsHellishMuttonSnuff Wed 04-Nov-15 21:07:53

That's a gorgeous skirt KanyesVest

KanyesVest Wed 04-Nov-15 21:18:32

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think the Boden cropped cardi is leading the way, but that Hobbs top looks like it'd be good to have in the wardrobe anyway <flexes credit card>. If I'm investing in a cashmere anything, I'd like it to be fairly versatile so would you all go for navy, deep purple or powder puff?

KanyesVest Wed 04-Nov-15 21:25:50

Oops, just realised that link is to the 50s crop rather than the cashmere. Anyway, similar colours but different names in that range. There's an M&S jumper that I spotted too - this in either blonde or grey?

This looks nice

KanyesVest Wed 04-Nov-15 22:43:38

I was looking at that too, Remus, but I wasn't sure if was a bit too plain for the skirt.

friedafilmer Thu 05-Nov-15 12:04:18

LOVE that skirt.

Saw it first on Frocks and Frou Frou

friedafilmer Thu 05-Nov-15 12:04:38

Oops sorry link of Frocks

frocksandfroufrou.com/2015/06/make-a-chicwish/

0dfod Thu 05-Nov-15 12:35:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

friedafilmer Thu 05-Nov-15 12:45:52

Just ordered what I think is the same skirt from here, for AU$23

www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7035587993.html?orderId=70375462320635

I think plain is fine - let the skirt speak for itself. grin

KanyesVest Thu 05-Nov-15 20:09:57

You may have a point, Remus grin. Anyway, I ordered the grey cashmere cardi today, so I'll see how the whole ensemble looks when they both arrive. I have also realised I have an orange fine knit Mango jumper which might work for a more casual look. I'm going to see if I can hunt down a grey silk shirt, which I think would be a good combo.

Frieda, have you used aliexpress much? I have heard other people talking about it, but never used it.

friedafilmer Thu 05-Nov-15 20:12:45

KanyesVest - my first time, but I started a thread here in S&B and it seems Aliexpress is fine, just takes a while to arrive.

KanyesVest Thu 05-Nov-15 20:20:46

Dammit, I spent $46 on the one I ordered! Oh well, must think to look there in the future...

friedafilmer Thu 05-Nov-15 20:26:06

KanyesVest - I'd have paid $46 for that! When I went to Chicwish it showed $67.20 for me (AUD). Don't worry, at least yours will be there a lot faster! Mine will take 30-45 days.

friedafilmer Fri 06-Nov-15 11:30:31

Ok, so I just found another Alibaba ad that sells the skirt for $15.65.

DidIMissSomething Fri 06-Nov-15 12:21:46

Love the skirt (and actually loads on the site) - those of you that have them - What size did you buy and how does that translate to what you buy in uk? I'm a fairly standard size 10 in places like topshop etc. Thinking might need to get a large?

SheHasAWildHeart Fri 06-Nov-15 12:30:41

How coincidentally - am sure this is the same skirt I saw Kevin Clifton's sister wearing on It Takes Too and thought it was lovely.

KanyesVest Fri 06-Nov-15 13:54:21

SheHas I'm a 10-12 depending on the brand and shape, so I went for an XL (and sobbed after all the weight I've lost!). There are measurements on the items, which may help. Apparently it's shipped this morning, so I'll let you know in 12-18 days excluding weekends when it gets here grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now