Frizzy hair from blowdrying

(15 Posts)
AskBasil Wed 04-Nov-15 19:53:59

My hair's OK if I don't blow dry it, but if I do it goes frizzy.

Is this because my hair-dryer's crap? Is there such a thing as a hairdryer that stops your hair going frizzy? I bought a Nicky Clarke one for DS a couple of years ago because it claimed to be the answer to frizz and he's got v. curly hair, but the reason it's the answer is because it isn't hot enough to blow-dry hair quickly, it would take hours if you tried (which he and I can't be bothered to do).

Any recommendations?

Pupsiecola Wed 04-Nov-15 20:04:54

You need one of these:-

Parlux

OneofTHOSEWomen Wed 04-Nov-15 20:23:06

Do you use any product, heat protection spray, serum? I use a heat spray, blow dry with shitty 15 year old hairdryer and finish with serum.

Pupsiecola Wed 04-Nov-15 22:40:14

I use this

Pureology

I used Kerastase products for about 15 years but finally ditched the silicone about a year ago :-)

AskBasil Wed 04-Nov-15 23:09:09

Blimey that parlux hairdryer is pricey, why, is it a miracle worker?

I've seen a Remington ionic one much cheaper, but what does that actually mean and why ions and why is that parlux one so good?

0dfod Thu 05-Nov-15 09:36:05

I don't blow dry my hair, but if I did I would be spritzing argan oil afterwards.

badfurday Thu 05-Nov-15 10:21:03

Have you tried any of the dove advanced hair products? I have tried so many different products, but there quench range has given me softer bouncier hair.
Trial and error with testing new products and finding what suits your hair.
I also had one of those Remington hair dryers, did nothing.

catbally Thu 05-Nov-15 10:48:46

Second the Parlux dryer. I've got fine, frizzy hair and this really works. They are pricey but I've had mine for about 6 years now and reckon it will keep going for at least another 10. Also recommend the KMS anti humidity spray.

AskBasil Thu 05-Nov-15 15:11:29

Does that Parlux hairdryer have ions then?

catbally Thu 05-Nov-15 15:39:02

Yes, the one I have is ceramic ionic. Dries your hair very quickly. I blast my hair, smooth it over with straighteners and a bit of anti humidity spray and it does the trick.

AskBasil Thu 05-Nov-15 15:59:20

Does it matter what model you buy with that Parlux one?

There seem to be quite a few 3200, 3500, 3800 - but is it just the ions that cut the frizz?

catbally Thu 05-Nov-15 16:15:10

I've got the 3200 and from reading the blurb it seems to be a combination of it being ceramic as well as ionic. Not entirely sure how it works but it doesn't create that sort of sauna effect some hairdryers do. It dries it much quicker without steaming it which cuts down on the frizz. If that makes sense!

OneofTHOSEWomen Thu 05-Nov-15 16:19:06

What's the science behind these ionic hairdryers then? sounds like woo to me

catbally Thu 05-Nov-15 16:26:24

From what I've read and what my hairdresser says, it's down to cutting down on the drying time. The ionic ones evaporate the water faster. As I say, not entirely sure but it works for me. I notice the difference when I use any other hairdryer. Just my experience.

justkeepongoing Thu 05-Nov-15 16:35:50

Vidal Sassoon Infra Radience dryer....stops my wavy hair from frizzing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now