Talk

Advanced search

Nice dress needed - no clue!

(6 Posts)
MummyNotMommy Wed 04-Nov-15 19:34:14

I've got a lovely big 3 month old baby, and a less lovely big, flabby csection tummy. I need to dress the latter for a posh meal next week and don't really know where to start!

I've lost 1.5 stone in the last 6 weeks so don't want to spend a lot of money as I plan to continue losing weight.

I'm currently an 18, slimish legs, huge 38J boobs and fairly wide shoulders and hips. I suppose I'm a bit hourglassy when I'm a little slimmer.

Anyone seen anything they think might suit me? Budget up to £50 I reckon, if it's really nice!

smellylittleorange Wed 04-Nov-15 19:46:46

I find this make of dresses really flattering..in fact Tkmaxx is your friend

MummyNotMommy Wed 04-Nov-15 19:54:37

Ooooh, I really like that!

One thing I forgot to mention, I never wear heels. Ever. Could I get away with flats of some description? And tights are preferable I suppose.

smellylittleorange Wed 04-Nov-15 20:44:57

With that dress you could get away with patent or suede knee high boots (flat) maybe just to.make it a bit dresser.

Do you do wedges?

MummyNotMommy Wed 04-Nov-15 20:55:21

Nope! I am completely heel adverse!
I'm 5'9 and tower above everyone with even a little heel. I know I shouldn't care, but I do. And hate being taller than DH.

I've only really got clunky biker type boots. Got some ankle boots, just cheapy New Look ones with a bit of a slouch.

I'm useless! I live in jeans, leggings and tunic tops usually!

smellylittleorange Wed 04-Nov-15 21:50:41

I think that kind of dress may look a bit frumpy/work like with flats

this kind of dress and a blazer/short jacket looks good with biker boots

They have a nursing one too on Asos

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now