Talk

Advanced search

What the heck do people wear?

(28 Posts)
WomanScorned Wed 04-Nov-15 14:16:30

My friend has finally persuaded me to join her on a night out around her home town. It's not something I ever do; I'm far more comfortable at a gig or spit ''n' sawdust pub.

I am clueless about fashion, as I don't watch TV or read magazines.

My 'style' (lol) hasn't changed in decades - skinnies, Vans, vest or band tee, leather jacket or Harrington (I know, I know).
My idea of dressing up is swapping my baseball boots for heeled boots blush

So, what'll I wear?
I'm 5'8, top 12-14, bottom 10.
Legs are vile-knobbly and being.
My butt is flat, boobs are 34ff, but aren't at their best, having just stopped BFing.
I don't suit (or like) the rockabilly look that many tattooed women wear - it's just too 'glam' for me.
Colours and patterns can clash with my flesh, but pictures/images are ok.

Help me. Please!...

WomanScorned Wed 04-Nov-15 14:18:35

Hah, legs are being, not being confused

WomanScorned Wed 04-Nov-15 14:25:45

I think I like this dress
m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/Religion/Religion-Red-Gathered-Front-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4725225&cid=5235&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=50&sort=-1&clr=Black+plum&totalstyles=6901&gridsize=3&un_jtt_v_frompage=0

WomanScorned Wed 04-Nov-15 14:27:12

They're VEINY!

AlbusPercival Wed 04-Nov-15 14:32:26

That is a nice dress, would you wear tights?

BumbleNova Wed 04-Nov-15 14:38:40

If I were you I'd stick to the skinnies and heeled boots you are comfortable in and get yourself a snazzy top. leather jacket on top and you will look great.

this would be great:

www.asos.com/River-Island/River-Island-Aysemmetric-Drape-Front-Top/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5796357&cid=11320&sh=0&pge=2&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Charcoal&totalstyles=301&gridsize=3

I'd team it with some red lipstick.

WomanScorned Wed 04-Nov-15 14:39:25

I'd have to, I think, as my legs are awful. They would have to be thick/opaque, though, otherwise tattoos show through, but you can't quite see what they are, so it looks kind of 'messy'!
Thanx for replying smile

WomanScorned Wed 04-Nov-15 14:43:04

Ooh, I like that whole River Island get up!
Thanx, Bumblesmile
Are leather look skirts 'current?' I'm not massively bothered, but don't want to look as if I'm dressed from last year's bargain rail!

WipsGlitter Wed 04-Nov-15 14:44:38

I'd just wear the skinnies, boots and a top!

BumbleNova Wed 04-Nov-15 14:48:01

yes they are - i think its a great look. I think you would need sheer tights with it though. I'm sure tatoos against a leather skirt would be great.

WomanScorned Wed 04-Nov-15 14:55:47

Off to check out leather skirts. Knee length, pencil?
I like sheer tights, but they sort of obscure, but not completely cover the tattoo's.
Fake tan might work, tho. Or is that a no-no?

WomanScorned Wed 04-Nov-15 15:01:57

I probably will end up in jeans - I have plenty of them!
I've always fancied a dress, but struggle because of the size difference between my two halves :/

Anyone know of a great top, that would take jeans up a notch?
The River Island one isn't a good colour for me, as I have (dyed) copper hair. I'd 're-colour' it, for the right top, though! I think gold/bronze metal tones suits me better than silver/platinum.

BumbleNova Wed 04-Nov-15 15:21:12

this?

www.warehouse.co.uk/metallic-wrap-back-tee/tops/warehouse/fcp-product/02432050

warehouse have some nice things at the moment. I would go for at knee length skirt, in a pencil shape. I think fake tan would be fine, I'd be tempted to go for a wash off one which is easier to apply for a night out.

PennyPants Wed 04-Nov-15 15:22:18

I too am a regular of spit n sawdust pubs and gigs. So my going out outfits are like yours top, skinnies, heeled boots and leather biker jacket. If I try to deviate I don't feel right.
I have a couple of dresses for weddings etc. Nothing much in between. I'm sure you'll look good whatever you wear.

Wtfmummy Wed 04-Nov-15 15:32:11

Ooh, like your style Bumble

I definitely think stick with skinny jeans and try some funky boots like these with red lippy and you'll look fab!

WomanScorned Wed 04-Nov-15 15:57:30

Good colour, Bumble. I
need a lower neck/cleavage, tho, otherwise my top half looks huge smile

Ankle boots, then, whether I go for jeans or a pencil skirt?

WomanScorned Wed 04-Nov-15 16:17:00

That's it, Penny - I want to look like me, but better!

BumbleNova Wed 04-Nov-15 16:49:24

ah, I have zero norks so I have idea how to dress them... I presume you need something non strappy so this wouldnt work either?

www.asos.com/Abercrombie-Fitch/Abercrombie-Fitch-Shine-Pleated-70s-Cami-Top/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5867463&cid=4169&Rf-200=11,14&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Gold&totalstyles=20&gridsize=3

BumbleNova Wed 04-Nov-15 17:02:26

A couple more ideas:

www.warehouse.co.uk/slinky-cowl-top/tops/warehouse/fcp-product/02476070

www.warehouse.co.uk/animal-print-zip-detail-top/tops/warehouse/fcp-product/02479499

WomanScorned Wed 04-Nov-15 17:02:57

My bra straps are thicker than those Cano straps, lol. I like my broad shoulders and big norms, but I feel like a quarterback in anything dainty!

BumbleNova Wed 04-Nov-15 17:04:50

I'd be tempted to go with the skirt but I am generally a skirt person. Go with whatever you are most comfy in, there is nothing worse then spending all evening tugging at an outfit!

WomanScorned Wed 04-Nov-15 17:05:45

Cami - I really need to proof read :/

WomanScorned Wed 04-Nov-15 17:18:16

Oh, yes, yes to the tugging, tucking my belly in, pulling my tights up, rearranging my cleavage, lol.

Wtfmummy Wed 04-Nov-15 17:26:43

If you like leather maybe leather trousers??? Im not a big skirt person personally

Wtfmummy Wed 04-Nov-15 17:28:15

Ankle boots look awesome in jeans... Only west with skirt if you have legs like Rosie watserface...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now