Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Horrifically ithcy scalp is driving me mad. Please help!

(9 Posts)
GlitteryRollerGirl Tue 03-Nov-15 22:20:38

I've always suffered with a dry and sometimes, an ithcy scalp. However this past week or so it's been driving me loopy and I just can't stop scratching it. I feel like I want to just scratch my head off its that bad. I've checked for nits and there's nothing there, I've tried using a different shampoo and it's made no difference. Massaging earlier helped a bit but it's started itching again now.

Any suggestions before I chop my own head off?

DeloresDeSyn Tue 03-Nov-15 22:32:58

I have this problem and I have ketoconazole (sp?) shampoo on prescription, it's the only thing that helps and even that doesn't always.
I do find an anti histamine helps when it's really bad.

GlitteryRollerGirl Tue 03-Nov-15 22:45:20

Ok, just taken an anti histamine. I've not used anything different on my hair recently, not had it coloured in ages either so I can't work out what can be causing it?

Kennington Tue 03-Nov-15 22:46:31

I had this for a while
Really dry scalp with hairdryer after washing as it might be fungal. I would prewash scalp with olive oil too
depends on the cause but itight be better going to the doc

Oldieandgoldie Tue 03-Nov-15 23:05:55

Go to your GP and get something like Betnovate Scalp Application on prescription. It's a liquid not a cream, so very easy to apply, and very, very effective.

Chickenpie1 Tue 03-Nov-15 23:12:02

Nizoral shampoo from boots or sainsburys, it's fantastic.

ENtertainmentAppreciated Tue 03-Nov-15 23:15:17

Boots do an 'expert' treatment for £4.25 or so. More ££ is Philip Kingsley shampoo and treatment.
I sympathise, I get a really itchy hairline if I get stressed. It's virtually tortuous.

MoriartyIsMyAngel Tue 03-Nov-15 23:15:25

What helped me was avoiding shampoo with silicone (most of the cheap ones), and massaging almond oil into my scalp once a week and leaving overnight. It's much calmer now.

GlitteryRollerGirl Tue 03-Nov-15 23:38:33

Hadn't thought that I could be fungal! Would make a lot of sense though as I've been let my hair dry naturally over the last few months, and being so thick it takes hours to dry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now