Talk

Advanced search

I can rock this dress..........right?!

(17 Posts)
NotTodaySatan Tue 03-Nov-15 21:54:09

Saw Tethers link to a gorgeous sequin FC dress on another thread but at £160 it's too £££.

Had a mooch and found this and, like the gaudy, tacky magpie I am, fell for it.

I'm 5'4, curvy size 10, good/not huge boobs, unnaturally coloured hair and general style is a bit off the wall.

Would wear with black opaques and high heel boots.

What say ye?

Uptownfuckuup Tue 03-Nov-15 21:56:08

it may suit you but personally i don't like it

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Tue 03-Nov-15 22:00:52

I like it

PacificDogwod Tue 03-Nov-15 22:03:44

Shoulder pads are making a come-back?? shock

<misses point of thread>

If you have nice legs, you can rock that dress. There.

MabelFurball Tue 03-Nov-15 22:04:34

Nice colour but you'll catch your death dearie.

cranberryx Tue 03-Nov-15 22:10:15

I like it grin would look amazing with violet hair!

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Tue 03-Nov-15 22:10:47

legs or boobs, never both.

burnishedsilver Tue 03-Nov-15 22:17:49

Maybe it's just me. I'm getting on in years. Is it a bit gypsies wedding?

sky1010 Tue 03-Nov-15 22:44:30

I would wear it clubbing, but only with clompy black chelsea boots (nothing pointy or with skinny heels) and a biker jacket.

The shape is very vavavoom to begin with, and then its covered in sequins. I wouldn't dress it up too much.

Nettletheelf Tue 03-Nov-15 23:18:15

It's a bit Alexis Carrington (although she would have worn it full length, smoking a Sobranie through a cigarette holder and hissing, "I can't resist you, Dex Dexter!")

ItGoesWithoutSaying Wed 04-Nov-15 08:57:18

Another 5'4" size 10. (Although more boy-ish figure than you: small boobs but decent legs.) Id' wear it with a push-up bra and opaques. Not 100% convinced by the colour but just 'cos it's not one I wear a lot.

Sorry but I think it's really horrible. Bright AND glitzy AND tits AND legs = tacky imvho. Sorry.

WhataRacquet Wed 04-Nov-15 09:37:15

nettle grin Dex Dexter was so gorgeous!

I like the colour of the dress but I think it's too low cut.

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Wed 04-Nov-15 09:49:23

I think it would be ok with opaques (in terms of "legs or boobs not both"). BUT how old are you? I'm not saying you couldn't look great in it over any particular age, but that that style is definitely something you'd expect someone under 25 or so to be wearing.
FWIW I'd wear it and I'm 29, but only with opaques, and the heeled boots would need to be no higher on the leg than ankle boots.

Branleuse Wed 04-Nov-15 09:52:40

phwoarr SPANGLY AND SPARKLY <3

DreamingOfThruxtons Wed 04-Nov-15 10:02:17

I think you'd have to try it on to find out- it's that sort of dress. Maybe with a black fluffy shrug? Definitely heavy boots etc, it's already glam but I think it could work in a fun, 'trashy' sort of way. I like it. grin

(And sod what age you are, by the way.)

polyhymnia Wed 04-Nov-15 10:10:58

WharRemus said. I can't see any way that dress wouldn't look tacky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now