Talk

Advanced search

What is the nicest coat you've seen this year?

(28 Posts)
scatterthenuns Tue 03-Nov-15 21:08:23

Link me to it, and I will buy it.

I've traipsed around shops twice now, and nothing has grabbed me.

I'm 5'7, an 8 or a 10, and like furry bits but they are not compulsory. I'm open to anything any colour, any style etc.

I need a coat soon, I'm fucking freezing. Please help.

scatterthenuns Tue 03-Nov-15 22:26:50

No coats?

MysteriousSummer Tue 03-Nov-15 22:50:35

you might be better off reposting in style and beauty smile the ladies in there are really good at things like this

Icklepickle101 Tue 03-Nov-15 23:07:55

I haven't spent very long looking at coats bjt this caught my eye earlier and it's only £20!! grin

resources.mandmdirect.com/Images/_default/o/y/2/oy228_1_cloudzoom.jpg

scatterthenuns Tue 03-Nov-15 23:12:05

Bugger, I thought I had posted in S&B. I'm tired

Pantsalive Wed 04-Nov-15 13:08:19

I fancy a grey coat and I quite like this one. No furry bits though, I'm afraid.

I think you have posted in S&B confused

SuckingEggs Wed 04-Nov-15 13:52:54

What colours do you like? How cold is it where you are? Need a hood?

SuckingEggs Wed 04-Nov-15 13:53:25

Budget?

pommiegirl Wed 04-Nov-15 13:55:07

I've just bought the mod amazing fur coat in h&m, I'm tiny and it still looks good on me. It's PS60 though

scatterthenuns Wed 04-Nov-15 13:55:52

thanks everyone, I'll have a proper look after work.

I'm in London, feel the cold very easily, so will wear this coat through to about April.

I like darker colours, but I'm not fussed. I suit most colours. Not fussed on a hood, this doesn't need to be a practical hill walking coat. It is a fashionable coat.

Budget was initially under PS150 but I'm flexible at a point of desperation.

hellsbellsmelons Wed 04-Nov-15 14:40:17

I might bite the bullet and get THIS soon.
I've looked and looked for coats or jackets and ordered and sent back and tried on loads.
I think I just need to spend the extra to get what I want.
I hate umbrella's so it needs a hood.

SuckingEggs Wed 04-Nov-15 14:56:44

Does this appeal at all?
www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Halifax+Traders+3/4+satin+coat/228177954,default,pd.html

MyFavouriteClintonisGeorge Wed 04-Nov-15 15:36:25

Do your fantasy coat shopping here.

Ah! If I hadn't seen such riches I could have lived with being poor.

hellsbellsmelons Wed 04-Nov-15 15:46:17

this previous thread might help as well???

superbfairywren Wed 04-Nov-15 16:39:01

I wish I had the money for this one
www.joythestore.com/lou-chck-waisted-fur-collar-ct

ScrambledSmegs Wed 04-Nov-15 17:22:30

I've not had a nice winter coat in years, so this year I've treated myself. Saw this and thought it looked good - proper length and does up to the neck, none of this open neckline stuff that looks great but means you quite literally freeze your tits off. Not too fitted which is good as I'm a little bit over my ideal weight at the moment (but trying to lose it). The top button has a little pic of a stag on it too, a nice touch.

Got 20% off too when I signed up for their newsletter.

ScrambledSmegs Wed 04-Nov-15 17:25:43

I got the blue one btw. Wrong colouring for plum.

clippityclop Wed 04-Nov-15 17:48:46

Oh that's lovely Scrambled. I was toying with getting the Chester coat from Uniqlo (can't do links) but couldn't decide between camel (good over black) or navy (goes with everything else but black) and the deep sea colourway of this would solve the dilemma. Is it more blue than green or the other way round in real life please?

ScrambledSmegs Wed 04-Nov-15 18:08:27

Clippity - It hasn't arrived yet, will let you know about the colour when it does. I'm too tight to pay for the quick delivery option!

nooddsocksforme Wed 04-Nov-15 19:10:47

www.reiss.com/p/fauxfur-coat-womens-alba-in-warm-pink/?category_id=1124
looks and feels much nicer in RL but way too expensive. Also quit bulky when it was tried on--wish it suited me -i was much taller and skinnier--

clippityclop Wed 04-Nov-15 19:46:47

Thanks Scrambled, look forward to a full report! I'm 5' 1" size 8 and rather suspect I could end up looking like a kid in my Nana's clothes in it but it looks so smart but comfy.

scatterthenuns Wed 04-Nov-15 21:19:30

I got one tonight after work!

www.oasis-stores.com/the-claudia-coat/coats-&-jackets/oasis/fcp-product/5689014

Thanks all, I feel like a goddess. Parkas were never going to be my thing!

ThatsHowYouGetAnts Wed 04-Nov-15 21:32:00

I like that Scatter!

I bought a charcoal grey Gloverall slim fit duffel and I love it. Very frustrated it has been so warm lately. I have only been able to wear it once so far.

SlightF0x Wed 04-Nov-15 21:41:42

classic but flattering cut

SlightF0x Wed 04-Nov-15 21:43:45

yes, clippity, I'm 5'1 and size 8-10 and I need to go really fitted for a coat. Any of those baggy oversized shapeless coats would make me look like I'd rolled around in the dogs basket and then stood up.

PS, I know that those oversized coats can look good. sometimes, you'd have to show me though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now