Talk

Advanced search

Want does one wear for a dressy night out in town when they are short , size 10 with large thighs

(26 Posts)
bishboschone Tue 03-Nov-15 15:57:55

I'm working on fixing this but for now this is what I have . I'd love to look really well groomed . I used to love fashion when I was slimmer but it's not my friend now hmm

KateSpadeAddict Tue 03-Nov-15 20:02:00

What’s your budget? smile

I’d say something with a slightly skater/flared skirt so that your thighs don’t play on your mind (although being a size 10 I am sure they are only on your mind and no one else’s!) grin and a pair of killer heels to add length to your legs

I’ll have a search about.

KateSpadeAddict Tue 03-Nov-15 20:04:05

www.marksandspencer.com/striped-lace-fit-and-flare-dress/p/p22437226

KateSpadeAddict Tue 03-Nov-15 20:05:08

www.frenchconnection.com/product/Woman+Collections+Dresses/71END/Angelica+Jewel+Sequin+Dress.htm

KateSpadeAddict Tue 03-Nov-15 20:05:40

www.frenchconnection.com/product/Woman+Collections+Dresses/71EOX/Pearl+Embellished+Cage+Dress.htm?clr=000000

bishboschone Tue 03-Nov-15 20:24:32

Thank you . Budget it's really an issue .. Just an idea of what to wear . I can looks for cheaper options if I like something... Bootcut jeans look dated and I can't wear skinny jeans with heels as I look unbalanced . I can't wear massive heels either .. Tricky! confused

Valdeeves Tue 03-Nov-15 20:29:17

I am exactly the same as you and recently had a dressy night out and I wore this:
www.google.co.uk/search?q=miss+selfridge+black+and+white+sleeveless+dress&client=safari&hl=en&prmd=isnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAWoVChMIvd6CyIv1yAIVxwgaCh3iLg69#imgrc=mwMSEl7yoQB34M%3A

I wore it with plaques and black heels.

Valdeeves Tue 03-Nov-15 20:29:31

Opaques!!!

Valdeeves Tue 03-Nov-15 20:30:12

I'm short, size ten and chunky of thigh!!

KateSpadeAddict Tue 03-Nov-15 20:33:25

Ahh because you said dressy I thought you’d be looking for something more dressed up than jeans. I’d say no to a bootcut, what about a straight let as opposed to a skinny as they cling less and may balance you out more? What about killer boots? Easier to wear than killer heels!

ppandj Tue 03-Nov-15 20:37:38

A midi skirt (tight or flared) with nude heels and a camisole top tucked in? Something like this...

bishboschone Tue 03-Nov-15 20:54:14

Well as a rule I don't do dressy , I'm a jeans and converse type . The others are dressing up though. It's sent me into a spin shock

bishboschone Tue 03-Nov-15 20:54:49

I do have some black straight leg jeans but my legs are too short to wear them with heels . It's just tricky .. My head hurts .

bishboschone Tue 03-Nov-15 20:55:58

I do appreciate all replies though.. I have seen some nice leather / leatherette skirts in the shops but I knew it to be knee length as I'm short a lot of them are too long and minis are to short for the thighs .

ppandj Tue 03-Nov-15 21:01:59

I think just above knee to just below knee is all in at the moment! Asos have a petite range?

bishboschone Tue 03-Nov-15 21:48:45

Thanks I'll look .. I have to be careful with lengths as I can look like I'm wearing my mums clothes !

MelanieCheeks Tue 03-Nov-15 22:56:08

Oh I really like that m&s one! I'm a similar shape, might try it on.

Nettletheelf Tue 03-Nov-15 23:16:21

One of my friends has the M&S dress. It looks fab on.

KateSpadeAddict Tue 03-Nov-15 23:37:04

Why do you think your legs are too short to wear your black jeans with heels? confused
Yeah I haven't seen the m&s one in real life but it looks lovely on the website smile

friedafilmer Tue 03-Nov-15 23:38:48

Well you're size 10. You can wear anything you want, really. smile

But I recommend midi skirts on people with larger thighs (I assume you must be hourglass?)

coffeenut Wed 04-Nov-15 06:46:32

I really like that m&s one.

Pencil skirts are also great to hide large thighs if you are otherwise slim (sometimes better than a lot of material imo)

hellsbellsmelons Wed 04-Nov-15 09:20:39

I'd say skater dress as well.
sequins?
similar
bargain

franksidebottom Wed 04-Nov-15 09:33:09

I'm also size 10, short (5.1) with mahoosive thighs. Skater dresses are your friend. If your on a budget look at h and m.

Totallyaddictedtoshoes Wed 04-Nov-15 13:11:52

I am the same size and shape, though I have loads of proper going out dresses I have struggled a lot with finding more casual (but still dressy) outfits for going down the pub in. I recently bought the Bailey black skinny jeans from Dorothy Perkins and have bought a few tops from Oasis/New Look to wear with them. Some of the longer ones look better tucked in so they don't drown me. Pair with huuuge heels and a nice statement necklace and you're done :-)
If you're after a dress I find pencil dresses with a belt round the waist suit me best.

bishboschone Wed 04-Nov-15 17:40:18

Yes I'm extreme hourglass .. I look like a short ( slightly tubby ) Jessica rabbit with big thighs....I don't know about the heels things , I just see short fat legs ??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now